"Beach Days, Harbour Sights, City Nights" Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle by Mez77
Newcastle Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 613 photos
I love living in Newcastle, which is interesting since 5 years ago when I moved here I thought it a dirty and ugly industrial, working class town. Sure there is a lot of industry, but once you find the beautiful parts of Newcastle, you'll never see it in the same way again.
Things I love most about Newcastle:
The Heritage. Newcastle is the site of the second European settlement in Australia. There are so many icons that remind us off the history of this city. You can take a dip in the Bogey Hole, which was cut into ocean rocks by convict labour in 1819. You can walk along streets and marvel at the beautiful old homes.
The beaches. Within 5km of the city centre, there are 6 beautiful beaches. All of them are clean and extremely popular year round.
Nature. Despite the fact that Newcastle is Australia's sixth biggest city, there are plenty of natural reserves within the city.
Culture. What more you you need than a couple of Cafe district to bring a bit of culture to a working class town?
Paymasters Cafe is Newcastle is very popular with locals becuase of the great atmosphere and delicious food. Breakfast... more travel advice
An essential Newcastle Experience. There is no better way to discover the unique attractions of Australia's second... more travel advice
Mez77's Related Pages
Newcastle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The 21st century, puts the "new" back in Newcastle"
- "Beach Days, Harbour Sights, City Nights"
- "WHY AM I DOING HERE ????"
- "Was Once A Steel City"
- "Sweetberry's Newcastle Page"
- "NEWCASTLE - DISCOVERED IN 1797"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newcastle
- Hotels in Newcastle
- Transportation in Newcastle
- Nightlife in Newcastle
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Shopping in Newcastle
- Warnings and Dangers in Newcastle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newcastle
- 27 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Newcastle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fraser Island Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Australia Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos