"Kuantan, Malaysia" Kuantan by Mez77
Kuantan Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 501 photos
Kauntan has a population of around 140,000. As a tourist centre I wouldn't recommend a trip here as there was really nothing unique that couldn't be seen in the rest of the country. There are more tourist resorts about 50km north of Kuantan near the town of Cherating, including Club Med. Cherating, is popular with backpackers, has a lovely clean beach with swaying palms.
One thing that impressed me in Kauntan was the Sultan Ahmad Shah Mosque. It is right in the centre of the town. It has blue and white decoration with marble interior and blue and yellow stained glass windows. It was amazing that the mosques were so beautiful with such intricate detail, when the rest of the buildings in town looked very run down.
- Pros:Nice beaches, loved some spicy food
- Cons:Driving is an 'experience', the smell.
- In a nutshell:I'm sure there are better places to visit in Malaysia
The legend Resort has two beautiful swimming pools. The resort faces the South China Sea and is directly on the... more travel advice
Alif's is extremely popular with local's and visitors alike. At all hours of the day, the place is completely full.... more travel advice
Mez77's Related Pages
Kuantan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I came to Kuantan in a cruise"
- "Beach & Seafood Town"
- "An Afternoon in Kuantan"
- "My Kunatan travel"
- "Kuantan, Malaysia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuantan
- Hotels in Kuantan
- Transportation in Kuantan
- Nightlife in Kuantan
- Restaurants in Kuantan
- Shopping in Kuantan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuantan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuantan
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kuantan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuantan
Photos in KuantanSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fraser Island Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Australia Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos