"Mia's Homepage" Mez77's Profile
In October last year I visited China with my good friend Liz. What an amazing experience! My China pages are under construction, so please have a look.
Over Christmas I spent three weeks on a road trip around a part of Australia I hadn't yet seen: Tasmania and Victoria's Great Ocean Road. It was a nice relaxing trip and we did almost 5000kms on the road in 3 weeks.
When I don't have the time or funds to be off jetsetting, I love to be an armchair traveller. I often find I can get a great sense of a culture through books. Here are some of my most recent reads, including the country they are set in.
Map of Love (Egypt)
Palace Walk (Egypt)
The Kite Runner (Afghanistan/USA)
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (Scotland)
The Known World (USA)
A Passage to India (India)
To Kill A Mockingbird (USA)
The Snapper (Ireland)
The Alchemist (Spain/Egypt)
Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China (China)
The River at the Centre of the World (China)
Soul Mountain (China)
The Good Earth (China)
Brick Lane (Bangladesh & England)
Captain Corelli's Mandolin (Greece)
Last Orders (England)
The Da Vinci Code (France/England)
Pride and Prejudice (England)
The Time Travellers Wife (USA)
Alias Grace (USA I think)
The Red Tent (Israel/Egypt)
Life of Pi (India)
No1 Ladies Detective Agency (Botswana)
I love lists. I love to be organised so I live by lists. If I want to read a certain book, it goes on the list. If I decide to go travelling I check my list in order to determine where to go.
At the moment I've compiled a list of places to visit in the world based on the number of 'wonders' to be found there. Thanks to Hillman Wonders from whom I've borrowed the list. I know it is strange and it takes the spontaneity out of travelling, but I love the anticipation of ticking off the places as I go.
According to my list I've currently seen 9.5% of the world wonders.
My priorities will be to get to India and Egypt which both feature highly.
Check out my travelogue for the list from 1-200.
March. Travel to the Northern territory with work. Spent most of my time in a small town called Katherine and the capital, Darwin. If you are looking for the typical Aussie outback adventure, then the Northern Territory is the place to go.
April. After lapping up the heat in the Northern Territory for 3 weeks, I decide to punish myself and head to the coldest part of Australia, the Snowy Mountains. We spend a day walking to the top of Australia's higest mountain and the rest of the time relaxing.
June. Once again I'm off with work, this time to Malaysia. Yay!! I spend most of my time in Kuantan which is a regional centre on the eastern side of peninsular Malaysia. Great shopping (cheap) and nice beaches. Loved the food! I also did a couple of day trips to Kuala Lumpur and Cherating.
July. I travelled north to Queensland to visit my family in Hervey Bay. I also spent four days on beautiful Fraser Island. If you want a compact holiday where you can see rainforest, sand dunes and beaches then this is a great destination.
August. I travelled down to Sydney for the day with a good friend. We visited the Rocks and Bondi Beach. Unfortunately public transport wasn't on our side that day and we spent alot of time travelling. It wasn't a problem, because my friend and I can talk anywhere, anytime!
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 249 Reviews
- 259 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Mez77 and acemj are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Jaipur Forum "Getting to Jaipur from Delhi"
updated their Profile Page "Mia's Homepage"
- Commented on pmarshuk's profile page
- Wrote a Review Book your train early in Hangzhou Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ricksha through the Hutong"
- created a Hangzhou Travel Page "Hangzhou & West Lake"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle Intro, 27 reviews, 21 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fraser Island Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 17 reviews, 9 photos
- China Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Australia Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franz Josef Glacier Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos