"Harstad" Top 5 Page for this destination Harstad by deptlads
Harstad Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 22 photos
Harstad is a fairly ordinary town, and there is not much here to see or do. We spent a pleasant enough hour or so walking along the quayside in the afternoon sunshine. But thats about it. It was pretty dead in the evenings too (apart from a few gangs of Russ) even though we were there over a Saturday night.
The main reason for tourists to visit Harstad is to change boats (that is why we were here), as the Hurtigrute and several fast ferry (hurtigbåt) routes all stop here. The boats give access to the fantastic scenery around Harstad and the South Troms region. It is also a good stop-off point on the way to the Vesterålen islands.
All of Harstad's transport connections are centred around the main square (Torvet), so it is easy to transfer betwen the Hurtigrute, hurtigbåt (fast ferry) and buses.
The main tourist attraction in Harstad is Trondenes, and its church - the most northerly medieval stone church in Europe.
deptlads' Related Pages
Harstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "monica78's new Harstad Page"
- "Guttvik79's new Harstad Page"
- "My Millitary Page :-)"
- "davidcross's new Harstad Page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Harstad
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Harstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harstad
Photos in HarstadSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Reine Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Norway Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos