"Nynäshamn - Not in any of the guide books!" Nynäshamn by deptlads
Nynäshamn Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 22 photos
Right at the end of Stockholm's southern commuter rail line, Nynäshamn is a Baltic port 58km and an hour's train ride from the city.
Way off the tourist beat, we went here on a whim (it was raining in Stockholm and we fancied a train ride) not knowing what we would find. We feared that it could be a just an industrial port, a scandanavian equivalent of Tilbury or Rotterdam. What we found was a very attractive and friendly archipelago town with a (largely out of sight) ferry terminal (car ferries to Visby and Gdansk), and a sea so blue that you are left in no doubt why that colour features so prominently in the Swedish flag.
The day we were there the town was getting ready for its annual Harbour Festival, with music stages and beer tents being erected all over the place. This gave the place a bit more of a "buzz", and there was a very freindly and relaxed atmosphere.
- Pros:Pretty, Relaxing, Off the beaten track; You can get there by train with the SL card
- Cons:Takes an hour to get there and you might have to change trains
deptlads' Related Pages
Nynäshamn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nynäshamn - one of the ports to the East"
- "Nynäshamn - Not in any of the guide books!"
- "To Nynäshamn on a steam train!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nynäshamn
- Transportation in Nynäshamn
- Restaurants in Nynäshamn
- Shopping in Nynäshamn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nynäshamn
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Nynäshamn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nynäshamn
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Reine Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Norway Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos