"Inspector Wallander?" Top 5 Page for this destination Ystad by deptlads
Ystad Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos
Yes Ystad really is quaint, and very Swedish in some respects.
We stopped here for a couple of days en route from Bornholm (DK) to København.
Andrew got a chance to use his Swedish (sort of).
We did stay at this hotel (in the Wallander Suite as a free upgrade - but see the hotel review below under Hotels & Accommodations) and enjoyed the hospitality of the microbrewery/restaurant next door.
The old monastery in Ystad has a rather excellent herb garden/cabbage patch. It is very well signed, but if you want more information you can dial-up a short guided tour on your mobile phone (in English!)
We were not so impressed by this hotel. See the individual write-up linked below (under Hotels & Accommodations) for the reasons why.
- Pros:Very clean. Very friendly.
- Cons:Maybe too clean!
- In a nutshell:Very Swedish, but not very Swedish (discuss...)
deptlads' Related Pages
Ystad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The half timbered town"
- "Kurt Wallander's Beat!"
- "Igraine's Ystad Page"
- "Ystad is a calm atmospheric town"
- "Inspector Wallander?"
- "YSTAD-BEAUTIFULL CITY IN THE SOUTH OF SWEDEN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ystad
- Hotels in Ystad
- Transportation in Ystad
- Restaurants in Ystad
- Shopping in Ystad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ystad
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ystad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ystad
Photos in YstadSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Reine Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Norway Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos