"Royal Jelling" Jelling by deptlads
Jelling Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 14 photos
Andrew had wanted to visit Jelling for some time, and being a World Heritage Site it was one of our "must sees" for our tour of Jutland in July 2003.
The church, runestones, and burial mounds are of major importance for Denmark's heritage. Here on these two 10th century runestones, the name Denmark is mentioned for the first time, and the country's conversion to Christianity is commemorated.
Jelling is certainly worth a visit by anyone who is interested in the Vikings or Danish history.
- Pros:unique historic landscape, runestones, free and easy access
- In a nutshell:a unique 10th century monument to the birth of a nation
This excellent new museum is just across the road from the church at Jelling, and for DKK 40 (about £4) will tell you... more travel advice
deptlads' Related Pages
Jelling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Royal Jelling"
- "The home of the Viking Kings"
- "Denmark's foundation is here"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jelling
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Jelling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jelling
Photos in JellingSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Montpellier Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Reine Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Norway Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos