"The Swiss Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Alps by Manara

Alps Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 155 photos

The Swiss Alps

Yesterday thy head was brown, as are the flowing locks of love,
In the bright blue sky I watch'd thee towering, giantlike, above.
Now thy summit, white and hoary, glitters all with silver snow,
Which the stormy night hath shaken from its robes upon thy brow;
And I know that youth and age are bound with such mysterious meaning,
As the days are link'd together, one short dream but intervening.

Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Uri, October 7th, 1797

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Not all of the Alps are in Switzerland but Virtual Tourist has listed the Alps only under this country. Very unfair and misleading!
A correct listing would be under Europe, since they belong to France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Liechtestein, Austria and Slovenia.

Anyway, since I do not want to mislead those who may read my page to look for information, although I would be happy to write about other part of the Alps, I will post here only information and pictures concerning the Swiss part.

You may notice a considerable difference in the quality of pictures I have posted in this travel page. The fact is that I have used recent pictures taken with a digital camera, but also older pictures I took with a traditional camera and scanned afterwards.

• Last visit to Alps: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2011

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM

nice page and a lot of excellent photos !

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Truly outstanding Alps travel page complete with stunning photographs. It is high on our list of destinations to visit. We certainly hope to visit Alps sooner rather than later. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Hi Anna, Glad you liked my Siracusa pages. WE had a good time there. Our trip across the StBernard Pass in August 06 was in heavy sleet so we didnt stop to admire the view! Cheers, Mike

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Homage to Sherlock Holmes, Homage to Romantic Poets, Homage to History -- a very perceptive way to describe the Alps!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM

a m - this is an astoundingly good page. loved the general tips, the shifting border, the train descriptions, and your incredible pictures.

• LiviaS's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2010 at 3:04 AM

I love the way you write! even your transportation tips are interesting and entertaining.

• a.lena's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I love those dogs, especially the puppies!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 9:36 AM

So that is what they look like! They are more spectacular than I had imagined!

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Alps