"Bautiful Brienz" Top 5 Page for this destination Brienz by Manara

Brienz Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 229 photos

The town of Brienz is on the eastern end of the eponymous lake, the Brienzersee. It is a sweet little town with about 3000 inhabitants, situated among beautiful mountains and by a beautiful lake.

I had been here previously, but I have started creating this page only after my latest visit.

One of the things to see near Brienz is the open-air museum of Ballenberg. However I have not posted a tip here about it, because I had already created and posted one some years ago, after another holiday in Interlaken, so it is still in my Interlaken page. You can easily see it anyway, if you follow this link.

• Last visit to Brienz: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

A gorgeous area! And I am always impressed with how good the public transport is in Switzerland – trains every half hour, scheduled boat service and a cog-wheel steam railway!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM

We stayed in Brienz on my first trip to Europe in the early 1980's. Your page brings back many fond memories of our trip to Switzerland.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM

A very lovely page Anna!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Glad that you enjoyed your visit to Thun with me...its a beautiful city I think...Although Ive been so close to it Ive never stopped here in Brienz..Another itinerary is shaping up for down the road sometime...I really like the look of Brunngasse.

• a.lena's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2010 at 2:32 AM

What a picturesque place! and what a lovely page!

• LiviaS's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM

This is one of my favorite towns. Very good page!

• i-bella's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Beautiful pictures and great tips!

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Brienz