"The Gastein Valley" Gastein by Manara
Gastein Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 38 photos
A thing about this valley that fascinates me is that its only accesses are trough tunnels, either from its southern or its northern ends. This gives the beautiful valley of Gastein a certain aura, as if it were a place known only by the initiated.
The Gastein community comprises three main villages: Dorfgastein, Bad Hofgastein and Badgastein. Each of them has its own page here on VT, so if you are interested in this area I strongly recommend to visit them. Most of my own tips about this area are posted in my Bad Gastein page.
The main North-South train route that crosses Austria goes through the Gastein Valley. The three main villages have... more travel advice
Badgastein is a wonderfully charming place, situated halfway up on the mountain at the southern end of the valley. An... more travel advice
Manara's Related Pages
Gastein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gastein Valley"
- "Ski and Spa"
- "Idyllic mountains"
- "Bad Gastein and Surrounding"
- "Bad Gastein, Should be world famous..."
- "Gastein - Skiing"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gastein
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Gastein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gastein
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 36 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Maggiore Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stresa Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue