"Gedanken auf den Alpen" Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein by Manara

Badgastein Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 149 photos

The title of my page is the title of a walz by Johann Strauss, who composed it during a stay in the nice old little town of Bad Gastein

In those times the name of the town was actually Wildbad Gastein.

Strauss was just one of the many famous guests who spent some time here, enjoyed the beutiful surroundings but especially took advantage of the thermal waters.

Now many tourist flock here in winter for skiing, but I assure you that also in summer this lovely place has much to offer. The beauty of this valley makes visitors understand why several artists came here for inspration.

I created this page after spending my summer holidays in Bad Gastein in 2004. I have been on holiday here again in July 2007, so I updated my tips and added new information and pictures.

• Last visit to Badgastein: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2011

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2011 at 3:46 AM

This looks like a beautiful place for hiking, not only skiing. I have been to other parts of this valley, but not Badgastein itself. It’s unusual that the waterfall is right in the center of town, or rather that the town was build around the waterfall, because of gold mining in earlier centuries. I certainly agree with your comment about the graveyard.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM

You cover picture and the waterfall pic are some of a number of great many you took to show off this place. Very nice work.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Nice page. Ciao!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Lovely page. A few years ago, we considered a ski trip to Badgastein. We ended up going to Zell am See, but I could see back then that this was a special place. Gorgeous scenery. Did you do any spa visits?

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Superb Badgastein travel page with stunning photographs. The churches, museum, the waterfall, Bad Gastein and Sportgastein certainly look and sound great to visit and explore. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 1:21 AM

This is a very scenic area for walking, I would love it! The waterfall looked to be raging when you were there, have seen a few in the middle of towns!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2008 at 7:48 AM

Hello, Anna Maria ! You had good luck having a vacation in that beautiful spot! Thanx for sharing!

• Aug 2, 2008 at 2:23 PM

i visited badgastien last week thought town had a great setting, liked the waterfall. Alson found the naginal mineral shop interesting, is there a web site / email address

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Great tips and photos of Badgastein and surroundings! When I was in Austria, I did not manage to visit this area due to time constraint so seeing your information has given me a virtual tour :)

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Badgastein looks beautiful in the summer. I have only been there in the wintertime - for skiing. Great page.

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Badgastein

Have you been to Badgastein?

Latest Activity in Badgastein