"The Austrian Alps" Hohe Tauern by Manara
Hohe Tauern Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 154 photos
Many people around the world seem to think that Switzerland is "the" place to go in order to see the Alps. They have no idea of how beautiful the Alps can be in all the other countries where they are.
In this page I wish to introduce briefly the Austrian portion of the Alps: the Hohe Tauern.
- Pros:Less expensive than Switzerland
- Cons:Not so many alpine railways as in Switzerland
- In a nutshell:A land of beauty
Deer, roe deer, chamois and ibex are the bigger inhabitants of these mountains. The ones living in the wild I mean,... more travel advice
Manara's Related Pages
Hohe Tauern Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WONDERFUL NATIONAL PARK"
- "Glocknerstrasse - The "Queen of the Alpine Roads""
- "The Austrian Alps"
- "The top of Austria"
- "dreams for July 2010.. climbing the Grossglockner"
- "Hohe Tauern - our collection of visits"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hohe Tauern
- Hotels in Hohe Tauern
- Transportation in Hohe Tauern
- Warnings and Dangers in Hohe Tauern
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hohe Tauern
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hohe Tauern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hohe Tauern
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 36 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Maggiore Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stresa Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue