"A very friendly place" Top 5 Page for this destination Villach by Manara
Villach Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 242 photos
I spent a two-weeks' holiday near Villach in the summer of 2000, and I have fond memories of the warm, welcoming attitude of people towards tourists. Not only in Villach but in the whole region of Carinthia.
Villach is just 30 Km from the Italian border and much nearer to Venice than to Vienna. It lies in the valley of the river Drau, surrounded by impressive mountains.
It is an important crossroad for motorways and railway lines. However, it is not just a place to pass by, on the contrary, it is the heart of a region with great holiday opportunities.
The remains of the big, old fortress of Landskron are on the top of a hill, 676 m high. A great part of the castle was... more travel advice
The remains of the castle of Landskron are worth a visit on their own right. However, there is more to see then than the... more travel advice
Manara's Related Pages
Villach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Villach"
- "A very friendly place"
- "Cris' Family's Retreat!!"
- "Villach: A Quiet but Lively City"
- "sandravdp's new Villach Page"
- "Attractive Villach."
- "Yanne's new Villach page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villach
- Hotels in Villach
- Transportation in Villach
- Restaurants in Villach
- Warnings and Dangers in Villach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villach
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Villach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villach
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 36 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Maggiore Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stresa Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue