"Wien Wien nur du ..." Vienna by Manara

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,579 reviews and 19,136 photos

I have counted the times I have been in Vienna, and the total is 19, most of them for work. However, my longest stays were for leisure.

Whatever the reason for my trips, it is always a pleasure for me to stroll the streets of the city centre, and to enjoy a piece of cake and a coffee in one of the lovely cafes.

Most important of all, it is always a pleasure for me to work with the Viennese.

Foreword to my tips

Guidebooks and this website already provide lots of information on things to do and places to visit. I have just put in a few personal comments and hints.

A few of the pictures that accompany my tips are by Daniel Pierres Berrange. The ones on this page are mine, and were taken in October 2008.

• Last visit to Vienna: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2013

• May 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM

great page, and a small correction: "Restaurant 3 Husaren" does not exist anymore, the place is not even a restaurant anymore, but a boutique !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Great that you have been to Vienna so many times! Thanks for the sensible and interesting tips. I have also been there a few times and also saw two operas there, but that was before I got my digital camera so I don't have any photos.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Excellent Vienna page. Vienna is in our list of the cities in Europe to visit. Belvedere, Schönbrunn and Michaelertrakt certainly look amazing. We hope to visit the city in the near future. ~ho & pang

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Your Vienna page is the best I've seen by far. I will be back in Wien on Sept 9 and I don't know where I will start with all your lovely restaurnat tips. Thanks Anna Maria. Regards, Kate

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2009 at 5:27 AM

now i want to go to vienna

• Oct 9, 2008 at 12:14 PM

The most beautiful city in Europe!

• a.lena's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Che belle pagine! La penso come te su Hundertwasser.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 2:44 AM

Going back next year and cannot wait ;-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 3:15 AM

Devo andarci prima o poi. Ciao!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2007 at 7:08 AM

What a wonderful page on Vienna, a city I would love to visit. Loved your pages on restaurants and the pics were good too! Cheers from Australia...

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Vienna