"Between the river Po and the Apennines" Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio Emilia by Manara

Reggio Emilia Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 84 photos

Reggio Emilia is the closest neighbour of my hometown, so it is not easy for me to see it from a tourist’s point of view, because it is very much like home.

Anyway I hope that my few tips will help virtual tourists to get an idea of Reggio and encourage them to make a stop here if they happen to visit this part of Italy.

The province of Reggio Emilia is not large (almost 2300 square km) but considerably diverse, from the very flat plain by the river Po to the gently rolling hills and up to the Apennine mountains with their beech woods and peaks that are over 2000 metres above sea level.

• Last visit to Reggio Emilia: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 20, 2010

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM

How interesting to read about the Ballet school. It has been announced this week that there is a "good chance" we will soon have a school in Abergavenny. I'm all for the development of the performing arts !

• i-bella's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2010 at 2:56 AM

You are right, visiting the towns and cities of Emilia I feel like if I were visiting an area of my own city.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Have been to Venice (by coach) years ago passing thru Northern Italy and Roma from Queen Mary2 this year. Would like to come again. Thanks for tips. Marg

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Always wanted to visit this part of Italy.(if I am not mistaken it is the area were ,,Don Camillo and Peppone``was filmed?)Would love to see more about this region!Thank you for showing!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Very nice tips about Reggio! I agree completely about Galleria Parmiggiani....

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Reggio Emilia

Have you been to Reggio Emilia?

Latest Activity in Reggio Emilia