"Summertime in Chamonix" Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc by Manara

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 678 photos

Chamonix is famous as a skiing resort, but I do not ski and go instead to mountain resorts in summer, to escape the heat, to walk and to enjoy the beauty of the landscapes. So in my page you will find only tips concerning summer activities.

I had spent two weeks in Chamonix in July 2008 and it was my first visit in this area. I liked it so much that in the summer of 2009 I spent another three weeks here and returned again for my summer holidays in 2011.

I was actually staying in the small village of Les Praz which is in fact more an 'appendix' to Chamonix than an independent village. However, since Les Praz has its own place in the database of Virtual Tourist, I have created a separate page for it.

• Last visit to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Lovely page with nice photo's. The view of the glacier is beautiful, and the ice cave would be quite an experience, especially since I live in a warm country!

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Excellent tips on transportation.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 5:33 AM

I visited Chamonix once when I was much younger. It lingers in my heart as one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Thank you for the memories.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Wonderful Chamonix-Mont-Blanc travel page with excellent photographs. The hiking up the mountains certainly sounds wonderful and interesting. The glacier indeed looks amazing! ~ho & pang

• a.lena's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 11:27 AM

It's a beautiful region and I love your pics. The one of the paraglider with the aiguille du Midi in the background is stunning!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Nice to see yr summer visit here - have been for a wk in winter skiing, very pretty too!, and a quick visit in summer to show friends - shouldve gone to the glacier tho!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Hello, Anna Maria ! Great place to enjoy! Thanks for your stories!

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Have you been to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc?

Latest Activity in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc