"Istanbul" Istanbul by Manara

Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,398 photos

My latest trip to Istanbul was at the beginning of March this year, but in this travel page I have posted also some pictures that date back to previous visits.

I made several trips to Istanbul from 2002 to 2005. It was always for work, but each time I managed to smuggle in a half day (or even a full day) of visiting, and there are even places that I have visited two or three times.

The picture on the left-hand side was taken on a rainy day at the beginning of March, as well as the one below.

I have seen many rainy days in this city, due to the fact that I was there several times in early springtime. I have never experienced Istanbul in the hottest months of summer, but I can say that in June and in September the weather is great most of the time, and the city shows its colours in the best way.

• Pros:Great mix of history, trades, art and diverse culture
  • Cons:Crazy way of driving
  • In a nutshell:A place to explore again and again and again
  • Last visit to Istanbul: May 2013
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2013

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Thanks for your wonderful virtual tour of Istanbul with fascinating photographs and excellent restaurants tips. Your page certainly brings back fond memories of our trip to the city several years ago! ~ho & pang

• FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Just love Istanbul!

• Mar 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM

You have great restaurant tips in all your pages!

Manara

“The world is my companion, not my judge”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul

Have you been to Istanbul?

Latest Activity in Istanbul