"A dedicated traveller" Manara's Profile
I travel quite often for work and sometimes I use for my holidays the knowledge I have got on business trips. If you are curious about my job, I work for an international medical association, and most of my time is devoted to planning and organising its large congresses, that are held in a different country every year. That's how I happen to know so many hotels.
With time I have become tired of packing and unpacking too often, so I now prefer holidays in which I stay in a place and make one-day trips in the region.
I am also a bit tired of hotels. They are great for a short stay, but for a longer holiday (one week or more) the privacy and the larger space of an apartment or a cottage is much better. It is essential, of course, to have a travel companion who is willing to share equally the house chores, but I am lucky with this regard.
I am not photogenic and I seldom see in a pic the same face I am used to see in a mirror, so I never liked being in front of a camera. Anyway you will find some pictures of me in some of my travel tips. I do not have many pictures of me in these pages, but I love the one I have posted here, and I am keeping it posted although now I wear my hair shorter. I love the fact that in this picture my double chin, although visible, does not hide my features, and moreover the sunglasses conveniently hide my under eye bags. A bit of light and a pair of glasses can really work miracles in hiding kilos and years!
Among my pages the ones with more tips are those on locations I have visited many times, or the ones where I have been on holiday.
This summer I was on holiday in Interlaken, where I had been already in 2003, in 2006, and in 2010. I have done only a bit of updating on my Interlaken page, so if you go there please consider that the page is a work in progress.
I have visited or re-visited also other towns and villages in the surrounding area. So far I have posted pictures and tips about Gstaad, Brienz, Mürren and Grindelwald.
In addition to the pages I have posted about individual places I visited in the Alps, I have also put together old and new pictures and created a page about the Swiss Alps in general. According to the number of questions in the Travel Forum this area seems to be very popular, so I hope my tips can be useful.
In 2011 I have spent three-weeks in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, it was the third time I spent my summer holidays there, and like the other times I have made a trip to nearby Switzerland. This time I have visited the village of Bouveret.
In 2011 I have returned to Lisbon and to Krakow, several years after my last visit, and I have been for the first time to Vancouver. I have posted just a few pictures of Vancouver, but I have not yet written any tips, nor added new ones to my Lisbon and Krakow pages, because I have been very busy due to moving home. I have not moved to another town, but a change of home is a complicate thing, especially if one has, like me, about two thousand books and needs shelves for them all.
Since I keep going back to cities I have already been to, I often update my pages and add tips to them. I have returned to Paris and to London, so I added a few tips, but I consider them as a work in progress, because I still have unused pictures and ideas for tips. I can say the same also about Prague, where I have returned in June 2011.
Some people say that the contents of a woman's bag can tell a lot about her personality. I am not sure, but I don't have a problem with disclosing the contents of my bag to you, in case it helps you to know me better. Here is the list of contents, from the centre in a clockwise spiral: mobile phone, wallet, mirror, lip balm, comb, calculator, keys, torchlight, diary, pen, folded shopping bag, handkerchief, tissues, mints, Swiss Army knife (the card-size type), sunglasses, cardholder.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Manila Hotels
- Singapore Hotels
- Fort Bonifacio Hotels
- Chandigarh Hotels
- Presque Isle State Park Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Gangtok Hotels
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Table Rock State Park Hotels
- Destin Hotels
- Naga City Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Hadera Hotels
- Tavarua Island Hotels
- La Spezia
- Wisconsin Dells Hotels
- Laoag City
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 481 Reviews
- 952 Photos
- 28 Countries
- 72 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
- Posted in Travel Bologna Forum ""
- updated a Parma Travel Page "A real parmigiana"
- Commented on Aunt_Bertha's profile page
updated their Profile Page "A dedicated traveller"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beldibi"
- Manara and meisje are now friends.
- Wrote a Review The Jerusalem Cross in Jerusalem Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parma Intro, 36 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 33 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 34 reviews, 41 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Maggiore Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 18 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stresa Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos