"Wonderful wilderness of the Bieszczady Mountains" Bieszczady by Bushman23
Bieszczady Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 97 photos
Well, it's only the second time i've been to the mountains in Poland, and even though the weather wasn't so great this time, the wilderness was fantastic - completely different to the Tatra's, 3 years earlier! The trip there was pretty long (took me, personally, 14 hours or so), and the trip back also took about 12 hours - in worse weather conditions though!
We'd planned on climbing 3 mountains in 3 days - not too tough by most standards - but unfortunately only managed to get up 2, with the weather on Saturday meaning the best we could do was a drive through a small reserve... On the way back to Lublin (and later Siedlce), we stopped at the Solina dam - also quite an awsome site, even in the mist!
Anyway, all in all we had a great time, and some very good exercise, in one of Polands most beautiful, and desolate, regions. Wild animals abound (the bears had woken up shortly before our arrival), and it's a great place to lose yourself (metaphorically)...
- Pros:Not as touristy as Zakopane
- Cons:A long way away from anywhere
- In a nutshell:I would come back here in a heartbeat!
Take a taxi/car from Ustrzyki Gorne (the village) to the Brzegi Gorne junction, and from there walk up Polonina... more travel advice
Bushman23's Related Pages
Bieszczady Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bieszczady-still wild"
- "Bieszczady re-discovered"
- "Wonderful wilderness of the Bieszczady Mountains"
- "Bieszczady Valleys"
- "In the wilderness"
- "Poland's forgotten spiritual heart"
- "Hiking in Bieszczady area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bieszczady
- Hotels in Bieszczady
- Transportation in Bieszczady
- Restaurants in Bieszczady
- Warnings and Dangers in Bieszczady
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bieszczady
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bieszczady?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bieszczady
Photos in BieszczadySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lublin Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue