"Lublin - City of Polish History" Top 5 Page for this destination Lublin by Bushman23

Lublin Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 452 photos

A city that captures the heart

Even though i've only been to Lublin Twice (at the time of writing), it's a city that captured my heart as soon as i walked out of the bus station. The typical Polish-style market outside the station leads to a panorama of the castle and the old town, which look as if they've been untouched for hundreds of years - even though they have gone through some major changes in the past half century or so.

A good mix - Old and New

Wandering the alleys and streets of the old town can keep you busy for hours, and its only with retrospect that you realise the old quarter isn't actually that big. It just SEEMS to be. There are numerous tours available, above- and below-ground, providing you with a rich history of this marvellous city.

When you do venture into the new area of town, there's enough to keep you going there for hours/days too, from the main shopping street, to the new Mall, Majdanek concentration camp (which is a somber experience to say the least), and a wide variety of pubs and bistros. I guess i was lucky in one way - I was visiting 2 beautiful local lassies, who showed me all the best spots, without me having to do too much hunting... So thank you Asia and Gosia :-)

• Pros:A town that's proud of its history!
  • Cons:A bit far from the main transport centers of Poland
  • In a nutshell:A place i'd love to live!
  • Last visit to Lublin: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2008

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Anton, lovely little page with brilliant photos and excellent restaurant tips. We will probably visit Lublin at the end of May. A pity your car radio got stolen.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Nice page and tips of this beautiful city!:)

• malashen's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Only a radio? In my car, someone helped himself to a brand-new laptop. Next I had to drive to Krakow in a snowstorm with a broken window. Very nice! LOL.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Anton, thanks for your nice page... I wish I could spend more time in Lublin, the twin-city of my hometown....

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2008 at 8:30 AM

Nice job! The museum on the holocaust was stark, indeed. I didn't go to Dachau when I had the chance to because I don't think folks on holiday should have to come face to face with that type of reality.

Bushman23

“"To the left there's a Bloody Big Bird!"”

Badges & Stats in Lublin