"Warszawa: East meets West" Warsaw by Bushman23
Warsaw Travel Guide: 2,958 reviews and 7,124 photos
I used to live about an hour from Warsaw, meaning i had the opportunity to get to see it quite often - and it's a city i like more every time i see it, and learn a little more about it. Its big, and flat, and grey - this is true, but it's making an effort to shed it's dullness - billboards everywhere, new and very modern shopping centers popping up everywhere, and it's becomign a hub of business at the same time.
I'm planning on moving back there in a couple months, so i'll be adding plenty to this page in the coming months/years :)
Warsaw is a city of contrasts; The Inner-city is quite Western, with more skyscrapers being erected as i write this, and bustling with life. The city limits, on the other hand, look decimated (especially in the West). Half the buildings are either abandoned or in ruins, and it's gonna take another few decades to bring these areas up to an acceptable standard for living.
Then there's the Old-Town; Absolutely beautiful! Squares, Churches galore, Palaces, lovely walks and views... So much to see! The parks are also stunning, though the best ones are a few Metro stops outside the city center.
Well, the old town has to be number 1, with its vibrant atmosphere, alleys, the Barbican, monuments, and Cafe's, its a place to wile away the hours...
Just as enjoyable though is the Park Lazienkowski, with its memorial to Chopin, Lazienkowski Palace, Various historic buildings, and wildlife (mainly squirrels...). It's incredibly peaceful, even more so in Winter, when the snow deadens all sounds but those of the birds.
And i guess if i'm listing my favourite things, i have to list my least favourite too... The Warszawa Centralna (Train Station). With a reputation for pickpockets, i never felt comfortable entering it, even though the police were an almost constant presence there.
- Pros:Lots to see and do
- Cons:You gotta go looking for it! oh, and it gets cold in Winter...
- In a nutshell:Visit for sure, you'll see the world from a different perspective!
Well, this is a very unique little Spanish themed coffeeshop - situated in the University library building, hidden along... more travel advice
The decor seems to come straight from the 18/19th century, Freta has a wonderful ambiance, several different rooms, all... more travel advice
Bushman23's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 22 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
- Posted in Travel Gdansk Forum "Re: How convenient to travel by..."
- Wrote a Review Possibly the best coffee in the world?? in Warsaw Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Possibly the best coffee in the world??"
- updated a Warsaw Travelogue "National & Army Museums"
- Commented on one of evaanna's Warsaw travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos