"The heart of the Highlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry by Bushman23
Pitlochry Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 217 photos
I spent about 2 1/2 months working in Pitlochry at the beginning of 1999, at Fishers Hotel. This is a genuine tourist town if ever i have seen one! Nestled in the highlands between Perth & Inverness, it has the perfect location.
Although the town is not all that big, there are quite a few attractions in the area, starting with my favourite: Hiking. At least 7 marked routes are offered, ranging from 1/2 an hour long, to one that took me a whole day. Other attractions include:
Check out my travel tips to find out more!
I would love to return to Pitlochry one day, but i dont think i could stay for much longer than a couple of days...
- Pros:Easy access to everywhere
- Cons:VERY touristy
- In a nutshell:A must see, just not for longer than a few days...
I thought this was rather an unusual little brewery, as you can kinda just walk in and make yourself at home. But pretty... more travel advice
After a short and scenic walk from Pitlochry to Edradour, you can take a tour of the Edradour Distillery, the smallest... more travel advice
Bushman23's Related Pages
Pitlochry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It couldn't possibly get better than this!"
- "A short stop in Pitlochry"
- "just passing through..."
- "The heart of the Highlands"
- "Pitlochry and the tourist dollar, or pound, or yen"
- "Pitlochry, in the heart of Scotland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pitlochry
- Hotels in Pitlochry
- Transportation in Pitlochry
- Nightlife in Pitlochry
- Restaurants in Pitlochry
- Shopping in Pitlochry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pitlochry
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Pitlochry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pitlochry
Photos in PitlochrySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos