"The heart of the Highlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Pitlochry by Bushman23

Pitlochry Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 217 photos

The town...

I spent about 2 1/2 months working in Pitlochry at the beginning of 1999, at Fishers Hotel. This is a genuine tourist town if ever i have seen one! Nestled in the highlands between Perth & Inverness, it has the perfect location.

To do in Pitlochry...

Although the town is not all that big, there are quite a few attractions in the area, starting with my favourite: Hiking. At least 7 marked routes are offered, ranging from 1/2 an hour long, to one that took me a whole day. Other attractions include:

Edradour distillery
Moulin brewery
Trout Ladder
Shopping
Camping
Restaurants

Check out my travel tips to find out more!

I would love to return to Pitlochry one day, but i dont think i could stay for much longer than a couple of days...

• Pros:Easy access to everywhere
  • Cons:VERY touristy
  • In a nutshell:A must see, just not for longer than a few days...
  • Last visit to Pitlochry: Jul 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2004

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2008 at 3:16 AM

ate must have led me to your pages today. Two of my great aunts worked at Fisher's hotel up until the early 1970s, and I wanted a photo for my family history records- so have downloaded yours, thanks

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 12:39 AM

Interesting, thanks for sharing. What does lekker mean by the way?

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2004 at 2:04 AM

Never been there, but my nephew is a chef at one of the pub's there. Now at least I know what it looks like. Thanks for the tips and info

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 2:43 PM

another lovely page about Scotland !...great to hear they have a brewery, where you may just walk in and make yourself at home ;-)

• starship's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2004 at 6:46 PM

Visiting this Pitlochry on a tour in 1985, and almost forgot it until I saw it on your travel pages! Nice page!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 2:55 AM

NIce pages! I loved the area around Pitlochry, it really surprised me. The town itself was a bit touristy and full of grannies but its lovely just the same!! Nice pic from Killiecrankie :)

• Donnylass's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2004 at 2:35 AM

great pages - I havent been to Pitlochry since 1980 but I loved it and one of these days I will go back. I couldnt believe at that time there were no pubs! has it changed?

• Mar 27, 2004 at 3:40 PM

Hy There :-) U r absolutely correct. Perthshire as a whole is just amazing, I love it up there, and oh! the Highland cow, the woman I rent the cottages from has them on her farm. Amazing big creatures. Hope u can return some day. Gr8 pages. Hazel

Bushman23

“"To the left there's a Bloody Big Bird!"”

Badges & Stats in Pitlochry

Have you been to Pitlochry?

Latest Activity in Pitlochry