"Ullapool" Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool by Bushman23
Ullapool Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 286 photos
Ullapool can be found on the West coast of Scotland, 55 miles north-West of Inverness. It isn't the biggest town in the world, nor the cutest, but there is an unexplainable atmosphere there that just sets your heart and soul at ease.
There are two "Main" streets, and about 20 shops in the whole place, which cater to tourists to a fair degree. Despite it's small size, there is a fair amount on offer, from golf, to trips on the Loch, hiking, and of course, drinking...
These are honestly some of the friendliest people i have ever met in my life. I got on so well with them in my first season there, and when i returned for my second season, most of them remembered me by name, and were only too keen to buy me a drink.
I've now just completed my 5th season here, including one long winter... it's been fantastic, again. terrible weather this season though, to be honest! Haven't had to much opportunity to be outdoors at all, and most of the staff suffered from Cabin fever for a while... but we survived!
Being on the west coast, the weather isn't generally all that great, though there are periods (lasting weeks) where you can have glorious sunshine.
There are quite a few decently sized mountains within reach of Ullapool, as well as the Summer Isles, and the Isles of Skye & lewis. The ferry departs daily from the dock to the hebrides, and there are Summer Isles tours every morning.
Inverness is pretty easy to get to, as the road is in pretty good condition, and heading north is just as easy. The drive in both directions is also quite scenic.
I'll never forget my time in Ullapool, i lived there for a long time, and i want to thank the people who made this town my home away from home: Harry, Brigitte, Julie, Anne... and everyone else who i met while here. Thank you.
- Pros:Friendly, laid back atmosphere
- Cons:Sometimes rubbish weather
- In a nutshell:To see how a true Scotsman lives, come to Ullapool...
Exactly 3 miles South of Ullapool lie Leckmelm gardens, and old arboretum (1870) restored to some of its former glory,... more travel advice
On the first Saturday in August, every year without fail, Ullapool goes crazy. Oddballs is about raising funds for the... more travel advice
Bushman23's Related Pages
Ullapool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West Highlands & Ullapool"
- "Ullapool , Scotland"
- "One night in Ullapool"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ullapool
- Hotels in Ullapool
- Transportation in Ullapool
- Nightlife in Ullapool
- Restaurants in Ullapool
- Shopping in Ullapool
- Warnings and Dangers in Ullapool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ullapool
- 21 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Ullapool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ullapool
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos