Berlin Shopping Tips by Bushman23
Berlin Shopping: 241 reviews and 304 photos
Brandenburger Tor from Parizer Platz
If you're looking to buy souvenirs, head to Unter den Linden. It's lined with Souvenir shops from the Brandenburger gate all the way past FriedrichStraße. You can buy almost anything there too, from postcards to t-shirts, and pieces of the Berlin wall (though how they dont eventually run out of those is a mystery).
What to buy: Well, if you REALLY want to take a piece of Berlin home with you... Buy a piece of the wall. they come in various shapes and sizes, most still have some form of paint on them, and they range in price from €2 - about €8.
What to pay: Postcards start at abou €0.50. T-shirts are at the top end, costing about €15 - 20.
Directions: Unter Den Linden
Ah, where to begin!? the most fantastic "designer" shop i've ever been in. Everything from Gucci, to Hilfiger, Lacoste, Diesel, Levi's, Hugo Boss, Versace... And thats just the mens level! There's almost everything in this shop, but it's everything at the top end of the range, so its EXPENSIVE!
What to buy: Mainly clothing in this store, though they do have a large book section (All in german though), and a fantastic toy department (what?). And their food department is out of this world!
What to pay: oh dear... I didn't even take my wallet.
Address: Tauentziehnstraße, Berlin-Schöneberg
Directions: U-Bahn: Wittenbergplatz
Theme: Department Store
This is the only place in Berlin where i could find English literature. There are 4 levels of books, Music, Software, etc. Only one level of foreign books though, but thats enough. A wide range of Fiction, Non-Fiction, fantasy, & best-sellers are available, at reasonable prices too. I bought 2 books for €27, which is cheap considering that one is a relatively new release, and they're both BIG.
What to buy: Well, in this case... Books?
What to pay: Most of the books ranged between €10 and €20 for softcover, and anything from €18 and up for hardcover, new releases.
Address: Friedrichstraße 90
Directions: Walking along Unter den Linden, you cant miss FriedrichStraße. Take a left, about 100m up the road.
Phone: 030 2025 1111
More Reviews (14)
- See All Coffee & cake to die for!
- Peace & Quiet in the City
- Fantastic & Cheap
- Quiet little German Bars (Mostly)
Bushman23's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Berlin .... und das ist gut so!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ruaka Hotels
- Province of Alberta
- Tashkent Hotels
- Kenthurst Hotels
- Curimagua Hotels
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 17 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
Photos in BerlinSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Berlin hotel reviews
- Casa Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 12, 2013
- Berolina Charlottenburg Hotel Berlin
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 8, 2013
- Best Western Euro-Hotel Berlin
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Austriana Hotel Pension Berlin
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2012
- Apartments im Zentrum Berlin
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Upstalsboom Hotel Friedrichshain
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- California am Kurfurstendamm, Berlin
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Mitte's Backpacker Hostel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Lux 11 Berlin Mitte
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Schall und Rauch Stadthotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Bleibtreu Hotel
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- A&O Hostel & Hotel Mitte
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Hotel Atlanta Am Kurfurstendamm
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Boulevard
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Reichstag- 180 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Checkpoint Charlie- 159 Reviews, 261 Photos
- History - World War II- 78 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Berlin Wall- 135 Reviews, 260 Photos
- Alexanderplatz- 87 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Fernsehturm - TV Tower- 86 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Potsdamer Platz- 95 Reviews, 196 Photos
- Tiergarten - Zoo- 77 Reviews, 160 Photos
- Gendarmenmarkt- 84 Reviews, 170 Photos
- Brandenburger Tor- 178 Reviews, 296 Photos
See All Berlin Things to Do