"Tunisia, a great place to stay!" Tunisia by Bushman23
Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,911 reviews and 13,582 photos
Our stay in Tunisia lasted 2 weeks. No, let me rephrase that; Two wonderful, sunny, enlightening, relaxing, educational, interesting and fun, weeks. Based just between Monastir and Sousse, in a 4* hotel on the beach, we had opportunities to travel North and South. And travel we did! All the way up to Tunis (On an organised tour), and down to El Jem (By ourselves, using public transport), and not to forget Monastir and Sousse…
But travelling and exploring weren’t the only attractions. The hotel we were staying in (see Monsatir*) offered activities right through the day, ranging from Bocha (beach bowls) to volleyball, aerobics and random competitions. I spent a wonderful 2 hours on a Scuba diving expedition, and a few days later Asia spent a memorable 10 minutes parasailing.
Tunisia is a wonderful country though, as a whole. The people are very friendly, though it is sometimes spoiled by the few who try to take advantage of the fact that you’re a tourist, especially in the Medina’s; In general, Tunisian citizens do seem to have quite a serious Love Of Money though. The countryside is beautiful, and diverse, and it was a wonderful experience seeing yet another culture’s ways; Women have a lot more freedom than almost any other Islamic North African country, though they still retain many of the original Islam customs.
All in all, we had a fantastic stay, and made some brilliant new friends, from all over Europe. We’re already planning our return trip, and a journey into the heart of the desert!
- Pros:Wonderful weather, loads of things to do
- Cons:Over-eager locals
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a return trip
There are many cafes all over the villages and cities of Tunisia, where you can smoke shisha pipes and enjoy a... more travel advice
Pharmacies in Tunisia have strange operating hours. Most are open for a few hours in the morning, close for most of the... more travel advice
Bushman23's Related Pages
Tunisia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- "Aslaama Tunisia"
- "Tunisia - From the Mediterranean to the Sahara"
- "Nice Tunisia !"
- "Tunisia - North African jewel with lots of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunisia
- Hotels in Tunisia
- Transportation in Tunisia
- Nightlife in Tunisia
- Restaurants in Tunisia
- Shopping in Tunisia
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunisia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunisia
- 12 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tunisia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunisia
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos