"My Country & Me" Bushman23's Profile
Well, after 11 eventfull years, I'm finally back in Italy :) And how I've missed this country! This time I'm writing from Rome, being lucky enough to have been sent here (with wife in tow :)) for a training course. Have a look at our experiences on my Rome page. Enjoy!
After 2 years in Scotland, i am (wait for it...) back In Poland. After a great 2 years in one of my favorite countries, I am now happily married and settled down in Warsaw - which is a great city to live in , i now believe.
One advantage of living in a city, of course, is that Europe is a very small place these days, so hopefully we'll be able to do a lot of travelling from here:) Another advantage is that there is so much to see and do right here!
So, Lemme tell you a bit about my home country, South Africa, starting with the obvious questions and misconceptions - We do NOT have Lions & Elephants walking our streets, and we do NOT live in huts! (Most of us anyway!)...
The East, South & West are obviously dominated by the Sea, and inland the terrain ranges from Mountains (one of them has the second highest series of waterfalls in the world), to Karoo veldt, and finally to Desert in the North-West.
We have the Big 5, the little 5, and the fastest animal on earth, all living in the wild. Our cities are big, our squatter camps are even bigger, and our cultures are unique! We have 11 official languages spread over 9 provinces.
All in all, South Africa is a great country to live in. The weather is wonderful, the people are friendly, and we've got almost everything to offer our tourists. The violence is generally blown out of proportion too, so if you want to visit, don't be scared!
For all the latest South African headlines, check out SABC news
Ok, what about me? I've finished by B.Com degree in Tourism Management at Pretoria Varsity a couple of years ago, and since then i've been working in the UK, now permanently settled (finally) in Poland, and finally seeing a bit more of Europe. I Love travelling, but i think its about time to settle down...I also enjoy reading, and sports, especially badminton.
My other favourite pastime is Photography, and while i still have SOOOO much to learn, i like to think i take some half decent photo's already. My new weapon of choice is the Nikon D90, my third digital SLR camera. Its beautiful, but i am thinking of moving up to a slightly bigger model... I'm still planning on doing a freelance photography course sometime in the near future.
Lastly, i have to say I've never really enjoyed city life, until now that is, and as such whenever i travel i seem to end up in the smaller, lesser known destinations, which you may notice from my travel pages.
Zimbabwe - 1996
England - 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011
Scotland - 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 - 2011
Lesotho - 1991, 2001
Italy & Sardinia - 2001, 2012
France & Corsica - 2001
Namibia - 2003
Germany - 2005
Poland - 2005, 2006, 2007 - 2009, 2011
Amsterdam - 2007
Tunisia - 2009
Spain (Canary Isles) - 2011
Turkey - 2011
Who knows?? - I'm open to ideas!!
We're saving for our big trip to South Africa at the end of this year, but hopefully before that we'll visit at least one European Capital!
After that, i guess i'll see where the wind takes me...
Well, we're now married, and our lives together have taken us to places such as Gdansk, Krakow, and the Bieszczady mountains - and further afield, such as Turkey, Tenerife, Tunisa, South Africa & the UK. She loves travelling as much as i do, which is great, and she's wonderfully spontaneous too - everything a bloke could ask for :)
One of those guys you love to know: Quiet, incredibly clued up, hilariously funny, caring and very dedicated. Became friends on the first day university started, and another one who will still be a friend the day i die!
He has his own homepage, member name: SiyaBonga . Still a work in progress it seems, but he's done enough on it to earn himself a top 10000 rank... He's currently working in Germany, having a great time it seems!
Classic Quote: "This class is as exciting as watching Bricks sit in a wall." - HG Schmidt
I believe that the people you meet as you progress through life play a major role in defining YOU, and everything you are. Meeting new and interesting friends, seeing new places, and taking part in adventures makes life worth living. Without it you become conformed, stagnated in your journey through existence.
This is only my opinion, and you are all entitled to disagree, but i get the funny feeling that most of you won't...
And now, new adventures await! Go, explore, have fun!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 344 Reviews
- 606 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- updated a Aberdeen Travel Page "More Supercars than London??"
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Supercars than London??"
- Posted in Travel Gdansk Forum "Re: How convenient to travel by..."
- Bushman23 and MidoO4 are now friends.
- Commented on b1bob's profile page
- Wrote a Review Scrumptious mix of Italian and African! in Durban Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "My Country & Me"
PhotosSee All Photos (606)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drakensberg Intro, 24 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ullapool Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 15 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pretoria Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Alanya Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos