"The Ancient Mayan City Of Tikal" Tikal by mrserious
Tikal Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 23 photos
In the middle of the Guatemalian jungle is the spectacular templed city of Tikal. Looking out from the top of one temple you see other steep temples poking up above the jungle below.
Steep temples face each other across a courtyard. By climbing up one you get a great shot of the other
The Mayan civilization was well organized to build such cities. The land all around were cultivated for agriculture, and wasn't the jungle that we see today.
- Pros:A spectacular tourist attraction.
- Cons:Attracts a large number of tourists.
mrserious' Related Pages
Tikal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ancient Mayan City Of Tikal"
- "Tropical Edifices and Animals"
- "Maya ruins in the forest"
- "Look! Monkeys!"
- "THE HIGHEST MAYAN STRUCTURE IS IN YAXHA NOT TIKAL!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tikal
- Hotels in Tikal
- Transportation in Tikal
- Shopping in Tikal
- Warnings and Dangers in Tikal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tikal
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tikal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tikal
Photos in TikalSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Provincia de Ciego de Ávila Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Trinidad Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Canada Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Tikal Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Morón Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.