"Half the Year Here................" Top 5 Page for this destination Skagway by lucythedog

Skagway Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 499 photos

Little corner of the world

...I am a lucky dog!! Skagway is one cool town. between May and Sept, Skag gets 900,000 tourists. Cruise ship numbers are on the rise, the independent traveller #'s are down a bit. Its the top of the Inside Passage..its where the cruise ships turn around.It is indeed a spectacular destination andnow I'm living here!!! The hiking is amazing...lots of places to 'no leash' for me...but lots to do for humans as well....world class shopping...world class excursions...you can helicopter to a glacier and take a sled dog ride...i'd like to be a sled dog...you can ride the exhilerating White Pass and Yukon Route train up to Canada...rafting, horsey riding, salmon bakes, historical guided trips..it has it all...I love Skagway...one of these years we will stay all winter long...the humans will need satellite TV and DSL, and I'll hopefully not have to wear one of those embarrasing sweaters. A newcomer is a 'cheechako'...if you spend a winter, you are a 'sourdough'. Its nice being away from the lower 48 for a while......
Skagway was born out of the last great gold rush of 1897-98...it was the jumping off point to the gold fields of the Klondike in the Yukon of Canada...

Look where I get to live!!!

Look at me on my mountain...I love climbing AB mountain...what a view of the Lynn Canal!!! I rule...

My City My Town..(scorpions song)

A view from Mt Dewey over Skagway and the Lynn Canal

• Pros:Scenery, People, History, Glaciers, Hikes,Auroras
  • Cons:9000 people all at once from cruiseships YIPES!
  • In a nutshell:A beautiful strange little quirky town
  • Last visit to Skagway: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2007

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Hi Lucia. What a fortunate doggy you are, living in such a gorgeous part of our planet :-) I hope to visit Alaska in the summertime one year, and I really enjoyed reading your tip. Greetings from the desert / Jess in Dubai

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Great page and excellent tips.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2007 at 5:06 AM

Excellent page! I love the enthusiasm in your tips and the wonderful mountain scenery in your photos. That train ride sounds a must, as does a night at the R. O. ;)

• spitball's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 9:55 PM

Viewing your Skagway photo's, I can almost smell the fresh air, it's beautiful.

lucythedog Lives Here!

lucythedog

“LET'S JUST GO ALREADY!!!”

Badges & Stats in Skagway

Have you been to Skagway?

Friends