"Friendly Salzburg" Salzburg by Sencanka
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,584 reviews and 5,956 photos
Salzburg is one of the smaller Austrian provinces but it is one of the most important for the tourism industry.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the city’s most famous son, represents the high point of the classical musical tradition. This tradition is still fostered nowadays — on the one hand in the Mozarteum University and on the other in the equally world-renowned Salzburg Festival, which, since it was founded in 1920, annually attracts thousands of art and culture lovers from all over the world to Salzburg.
In Getreidegasse no. 9, is where the Leopold Mozart family lived from 1747 to 1773. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born here on January 27, 1756. Today the rooms once occupied by the Mozart family house a museum. The most famous exhibits include Mozart's childhood violin, his concert violin, his clavichord, the pianoforte, portraits and correspondence of the Mozart family.
So my night owls ...Here are the places for you : The "Paletti" or "Stadtwerk Orange," the "Republic" are great clubs.... more travel advice
Sencanka's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Photos in SalzburgSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Kos Island Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Jahorina Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Senta Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Tara Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Banja Koviljaca Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- FYR of Macedonia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kopaonik Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Greece 1 review, 5 photos