"Thunder in Red River" Grand Forks by terps94
Grand Forks Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 60 photos
So there I was pretending I was working in my desk when one of my nurse said " You're going to North Dakota and you gonna enjoy it". I tried to protest but he outranks me so I'm out of luck. Actually a tanker unit in ND ask to showcase their aircraft's medical evacuation capability for the airshow and since I'm one of two people that has flying experience on this aircraft I was tasked to trained other people on it. So that's how I end up in this part of the country.
As small as this city is I have to say that locals are quite friendly and that's what made our weekend stay here enjoyable. The city of Grand Forks is quiet city with plenty of wide open space and that means not lot of places to party unless you into cow tipping, hehe. The city is close enough to Minnesota and Fargo and Winnipeg , Canada and that's where the local do most of the partying.
This is Grand Forks first airshow in 8 yrs so a lot of the locals and nearby folks from Minnesota and Canada we're looking forward for this day. There was plenty of aircraft on display from vintage B-25 to the cavernous C-5 Galaxy to small cessna aircraft and Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin.
The festivities kicked off with the Parachute Demo team doing a freefall jump but the highlight of the day was the F-16 Thunderbirds, the Air Force demonstration team.
Here is a picture of the KC-135 configured to aeromedical evacuation. The aircraft is usually a cargo plane and aircraft refueler but can also be called on to carry patients.
terps94's Related Pages
Grand Forks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cold and flat - a Grand Forks Survivial Guide"
- "Remember the Red River Valley"
- "The only thing I ever did here"
- "North Dakota"
- "Basaic Grand Forks Page"
- "Grand Forks"
- "Thunder in Red River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Forks
- Hotels in Grand Forks
- Transportation in Grand Forks
- Nightlife in Grand Forks
- Restaurants in Grand Forks
- Shopping in Grand Forks
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Forks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Forks
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Grand Forks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Forks
Photos in Grand ForksSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okinawa Intro, 29 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Diego Garcia Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 6 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Djibouti Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Misawa Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Grand Forks hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Grand Forks
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- AmericInn Grand Forks
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- Ramada Inn Grandforks
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Road King Inn Columbia Mall
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Travelodge Grand Forks
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Canad Inns Destination Center
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013