Okinawa Transportation Tips by terps94 Top 5 Page for this destination
Okinawa Transportation: 14 reviews and 13 photos
The road system here in okinawa is not that complex. It's very easy to drive around as long as you keep in mind the major roads such as Route 58, 330 and 329 which run from north to south.
They also have an expressway that runs almost the legnth of the island but be careful the speed limit hee is 80 kph and they have lot of speed traps.
Be aware that in the island they enforce the seatbelt law very strictly. Also it rains a lot in the island so during rainy weather , the road becomes very slippery because of the coral component in the asphalt so watch your speeds.
The local gov't frown upon drinking and driving so be careful. I head stories that people who got pulled for DUI are subject to fine of $300 bith driver and passenger are expected to pay this fine
More Reviews (28)
- See All Can't read the menu!!
- See All watch out for the rocks
- See All Cape Hedo
- See All Zakimi Castle ruins park
- See All watch out for the water
terps94's Related Pages
Okinawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Introduction to Okinawa and the Ryukyu Islands"
- "Paradise found"
- "trippingstonefree okinawa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Okinawa
- Hotels in Okinawa
- Transportation in Okinawa
- Nightlife in Okinawa
- Restaurants in Okinawa
- Shopping in Okinawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Okinawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okinawa
- 29 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Okinawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okinawa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okinawa Intro, 29 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Diego Garcia Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 6 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Djibouti Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Misawa Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues