"Konigsee lake" Berchtesgaden by terps94

Berchtesgaden Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 829 photos

During my last few months in Germany I have some friends visiting from the US and Italy I decided to take them to Berchtesgaden. So off we go on a road trip, just driving anywhere in Bavaria you will see lot of awesome scenery but as you get near Berchtesgaden you will be amazed with the beauty of the Alps. Right there and there we knew we made the right decision to spend the weekend here.

soaking in the beauty

One thing we did while we're here was to take a boat tour of Konigsee Lake. The cost of the boat ride is around 13 euros but it will be worth it. The lake is about 13 km. long and tour is quite relaxing. Halfway thru the lake the boat driver played the trumpet which echoed all along the valley, it was one the best part of the trip.

• Intro Updated Dec 5, 2003

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2006 at 1:56 PM

I never did see this area when I was in Germany. I'm bummed about that! Oh well, there can always be a next time!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2004 at 6:27 AM

My dad was in the AF and I've seen his snapshots of Berchtesgaden + the infamous Eagle's Nest from the post-war period. That place has always fascinated me. Next time I'm in Germany, I tell you!! ;-)

terps94

“the whole world is out there waiting to be discovered”

Badges & Stats in Berchtesgaden

Have you been to Berchtesgaden?

Photos in Berchtesgaden