"Eleuthera Tips" Eleuthera Island by faeriegal
Eleuthera Island Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 118 photos
This is my second time to Eleuthera, but this time I'm married. The outer islands aren't for everyone. This trip we came from Long Island, Bahamas which is less populated than Eleuthera. Eleuthera has beautiful beaches and clear aquamarine colored water but it's very remote. The Atlantic side was very windy and choppy since we stayed in the winter. The Caribbean side was calm but buggy. That is our biggest pet peev about the Bahamas. The no-see-ums are horrible! My husband had around 100 bites on his body which made him irritable and hate the Bahamas. The Atlantic side is better in the bug arena but not calm like the Caribbean side. It's a trade off.
There isn't much healthy food on the island except for the farm in Palmetto Point where you can buy organic veggies and more (see my tips page for more info).
All in all, if you are looking for remoteness, beautiful beaches and romance, Eleuthra is a pretty good choice.
- Pros:Beautiful warm beaches
- Cons:No-see-um bugs!!!, lot of fried and unhealthy food
- In a nutshell:Bahamas- beautiful but not for everybody.
faeriegal's Related Pages
Eleuthera Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Fun Day Relaxing at Princess Cays"
- "Princess Cay"
- "Island Relaxation"
- "Gregory Town"
- "Eleuthera Tips"
- "Princess Cays - First stop on my Caribbean Cruise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eleuthera Island
- Hotels in Eleuthera Island
- Transportation in Eleuthera Island
- Nightlife in Eleuthera Island
- Restaurants in Eleuthera Island
- Shopping in Eleuthera Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Eleuthera Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eleuthera Island
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Eleuthera Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eleuthera Island
Top 5 Pages
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Hilo 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Rio de Janeiro 1 review, 2 photos
- Ushuaia 1 review, 2 photos
- Petrópolis Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.