"Blaa Lonid" Top 5 Page for this destination Grindavík by MFAMILY
Grindavík Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 99 photos
Grindavik is the capital of Salt Fish (also called Bacalao).
It's the closest town to the famous Blue Lagoon.
There's a petrol station and that's about it.
What you really want is to soak in the blue waters full of white silica muds!
It's very well organized. Once you pay your entrance fee you get a plastic armband that can be used to open/close your locker, as well as to purchase snacks or drinks (limit of ISK3000).
It's compulsory to have a full shower, naked, though there are a couple of cabins for privacy), though some people shower in their swimsuits, too.
If you return from the pool to fetch anything from your locker, you have to dry otherwise you can´t go in.
There are spots with buckets of white silica mud for free use as face masks or body.
A waterfall for a back massage as well as sauna rooms available. For a fee, if booked in advance or if you get lucky at time of ticket purchase and there are free schedules, you can have a massage for a fee. Other programs exist, from private lounges to treatment in the nearby clinic.
There was a famous visitor the day we went there, to the joy of many women all ages: Mel Gibson. Loosing hair he is...
- Pros:Baby like skin!
- Cons:Extra hair conditioner needed!
- In a nutshell:It's one of the so called "not to miss" experinces in Iceland
This is the obvious hotel to stay a last night before taking off. Thank you agapotravel for your tip! It's the perfect... more travel advice
MFAMILY's Related Pages
Grindavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grindavík - The Blue lagoon."
- "Blaa Lonid"
- "Grindavik, Iceland"
- "An entry in it's own right!"
- "Jumping Around Grindavik - Blue Lagoon!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grindavík
- Hotels in Grindavík
- Restaurants in Grindavík
- Shopping in Grindavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grindavík
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Grindavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grindavík
Photos in GrindavíkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Hùsavík Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Prague Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Te Anau Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Wellington Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Queenstown Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Tongariro National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Matamata Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mahé Intro, 1 review, 6 photos