"Lokichokio" Lokichokio by civilian
Lokichokio Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 5 photos
20 Years ago there where only 300 people of the local tribe of the turkana living here, armed with spears and almost naked. In the 90 Loki became the logistcal base for food aid. Since then, every day the UN is flying food into south sudan.
Today up to 40000 people are living here, and instead of spears AK 47 ( kalasnikows) are widly used.
Again I was in charge of running a small Orthopeadic workshop.
Even if we had not to many Landmine victims to fit, there are lot of other ways to loose your limbs there, like snakebite, spiderbyte, krokodilebyte................
picture shows some of our patients
- Cons:isolated and dusty
- In a nutshell:The most strange experience in my live
Most people going to Loki are working for NGO`s and will stay in compounds belonging to the NGO`s like MSF; ICRC or UN.... more travel advice
civilian's Related Pages
Lokichokio Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lokichokio
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Lokichokio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lokichokio
Top 10 Pages
- Germany Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lokichokio Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Gagra Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Rasdorf Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fladungen Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Meiningen Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Würzburg Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Nordhausen Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bad Langensalza Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Muhafazat Arbil 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.