"Douglas' Worldwide Travel" doogienj's Profile

Latest Travel News

Hi Fellow Travellers,

- TRAVEL UPDATE-

November 2005 - Berlin was my Thanksgiving destination in 2005. The visit was long overdue and the first trip with my girlfriend. I would go back in a heartbeat, I bet the beer gardens are nice in the summer.

April 2005 - If Prague is the queen of Eastern Europe, then Krakow is the crown prince. Go visit the amazing city NOW, before everyone does! I was there the week of the Pope's funeral which was a significant time in the city's history.

November 2004 So I finally made it to Prague I went for Thanksgiving weekend, for 4 days. The city offers tons of things to see and do, and is safe. Food & beer is silly cheap:)

September 2004 - I visited Sweden, Stockholm, Vaxjo, Halmstad, Gothenburg, check out the beautiful Swedish Country Side in the Travelogue

April 2004 - I visited Costa Rica, Arenal, Playa Conchal, and Tamarindo in Costa Rica

Welcome, and thanks for visiting my homepage. What's better than travel? Nothing, if you ask me. Travel has been my true passion for a long time. For a while I was getting a bit tired of travelling and living out of a suitcase, especially on business. But now my LOVE for travel is stronger than ever!

I enjoy everything from the planning stages (including dreaming), to the research on VT, to acually booking and taking the trip.

I was trying to figure out what it is I like so much about travel. I think it's the combination of adventure, meeting local people and fellow travelers, learning about culture and architecture, relaxing, local food and drinks, people watching, taking lots of pictures, and more.

Let me know if you need any travel tips about the New York/New Jersey region.

Who am I?

I'm soon to be 40 years old. I was born and raised in Gothenburg Sweden and I moved to the New York area in 1990, and have been here every since. I have worked in the travel business for about 20 years. Talk about a perfect job for a travel nut like me.

I live in Belleville, NJ which is 15 minutes west of Manhattan. This give me great access to Newark airport in 20 minutes, and non-stop flights to all over the world.

My other passion is to play golf. I have played for about 7 years, and have a 12 handicap. Many of the trips I do I bring my golf clubs and try and get a few rounds in. What a perfect combination, golf and travel.

I am getting more interested in eco and adventure travel. My favorite travel guides are TimeOut for cities, and Lonely Planet for eco/adventure travel. I enjoy taking lots of pictures with my digital camera when I travel.

Favorite destinations

I have many favorite destinations, but here are a few. Stockholm as that's my hometown, and the summers in Sweden are amazing.

Bermuda for the secluded pink beaches, less than 2 hour flight from New York, high living standard, safety, the golf courses, and no snakes:)

Rome for all it's beauty, ruins, history, food, wine, football, and people's passion to enjoy life.

Spain for it's diversity, siesta, tapas, flamenco, Rioja's, and great golf.

Paris for being romantic, allowing me to abuse the French language, culture, food and the best wines in the world.

Future destinations

After trip home to Sweden this summer, my next trip is to Tokyo in November, for a week. Then it will probably be Iceland in the spring of 2006. I hope to squeeze in a quick trip to Cuzco Peru somewhere.

I want to go golfing in Scotland and visit the whiskey factories in the highlands. Rafting the Grand Canyon looks like a great experience. And at some point I want to get to South Africa to explore Cape Town and the Garden Route, and a visit to Kruger Park.

When I'm not travelling or planning trips, you will most likely find me on the golf course. That's a little about myself. I hope to meet you at my next destination. Thanks for visiting my homepage, and happy and safe travels!

Where I have been

Here are (most of) the places I have visited outside the U.S., excluding cities I have lived in: Copenhagen, Oslo, Lillehammer, Helsinki, Vaasa, Frankfurt, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Belgrade, Dubrovnik, Kranjska Gora, Madrid, Sevilla, Ibiza, Marbella, Malaga, Majorca, Canary Islands, Lisbon, Madeira, Fiji, Hong Kong, Sydney, Bombay, Honolulu, Quito, Rio De Janeiro, Rome, Rhodes, Bermuda, Barbados, Trinidad, Aruba, St Petersburg, Geneva, Neuchatel, Costa Rica, Prague, Krakow

Ugly feeling

This is how I feel when I don't get to travel for a while. Maybe we can all chip in to send me away.

• Intro Updated Dec 19, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
doogienj's Profile Photo

doogienj

“I need more vacation time...”

Real Name