"Praise the Lord !!!!" Knock by Boniek
Knock Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 51 photos
I've only been here once.
It's a shrine where the so-called 'Virgin' Mary is meant to have appeared to some locals..probably went for a pint of Guinness with them as well...anyway...it's a VERY popular place and on the whole quite nice too. So even if you're like me and hate religion in all it's forms you'll still have a good time in the bars.
Just don't let them convert you if you're drunk.
I guess the best thing about Knock would be the location. it's very central to the west of Ireland which means Galway, Sligo, Westport etc are all within a reasonable drive.
The scenery once outside Knock is fabulous. You're in the heart of Conemara and it's an area that has to be seen to be believed.
- Pros:Picture Postcard town
- Cons:Too many prayers
Getting the bus - and this includes a car as well - is very tedious. You have to contend with traffic. Road works. Wrong... more travel advice
I guess the best thing I can do at this stage is give you a link to a site that'll help you out. I'll update it later. more travel advice
Boniek's Related Pages
Knock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IRELAND'S NATIONAL MARIAN SHRINE"
- "knock,knock whose there ?"
- "Knock ~ Home of National Marian Shrine"
- "**...KNOCK, COUNTY MAYO...**"
- "Praise the Lord !!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Knock
- Hotels in Knock
- Transportation in Knock
- Restaurants in Knock
- Shopping in Knock
- Warnings and Dangers in Knock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Knock
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Knock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Knock
Top 10 Pages
- Graz Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Vienna Intro, 21 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Knock Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 6 reviews
- Chlum u Trebone Intro, 6 reviews
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Portarlington Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Linz Intro, 1 photo
- Abbeyleix 1 review