Cincinnati Nightlife Tips by kahunayummy Top 5 Page for this destination
Cincinnati Nightlife: 38 reviews and 62 photos
Labor Day weekend means two things in Cincinnati.
No work for most of us on Monday, and Riverfest on Sunday.
The annual Riverfest Toyota-WEBN fireworks fills the Cincinnati skyline Sunday night.
Hundreds of thousands of people line up early along the banks of the Ohio River to get a good view of the fireworks and to enjoy the Riverfest activities.
Spectators have to allow plenty of time to get down to the river, because nearby streets are closed for the hugely popular event and many had to hike a distance from where they park their cars or bus stops.
But the traffic hassle doesn't seem to stop people from coming back year after year.
"Well, it's a Cincinnati tradition and I just enjoy fireworks," said a Spectator, of Amelia Ohio. "I was born on July 3 and it's always been a part of my life -- just to go see fireworks!"
"The city puts on such a wonderful show for everybody," said a small child named Nash Alexander, of Manila, "and everybody gets so excited every year, cause it's like the end of the summer."
"It is our big blow out," said Arlene Henson.
Dress Code: Casual Dress Is Fine
Address: River Front Cincinnati Ohio
Directions: Down Town Cincinnati River Front
Theme: People Watching
River Bend Music Center
"1997 Cyndi Lauper Concert"
The concert atmosphere was wonderful. You could tell there were a lot of Cyndi fans in the lawn because as she came out, the people all around were crowding the railings to get a closer look. She started off with a really slow version of She Bop. It had a lot of soul. During her next number, the Ballad of Cleo and Joe, she made her way into the audience. Although her distance from the stage made ensemble work difficult, the effect she had on the crowd was amazing. She walked fairly close to where I was standing in the lawn and I could get a close up view of her hair (purple with pink streaks) and her outfit (a black slip dress). I Drove All Night rocked. Time After Time was really touching played acoustically on the dulcimer. She made several comments about preserving her modesty and the like. You Don't Know was also performed well. Sisters of Avalon followed-- this is my least favorite song on her new album-- and Jan Pulsford seemed to be drowning her out a little. Hey Now made a great closer, and I was really sad that the set was so short. I left shortly after Cyndi finished as Tina, legend though she is, just couldn't compare.
Some Cyndi items were available: Sister's of Avalon T-shirt, "red lips" T-shirt (if someone could explain the meaning behind this I would appreciate it) and a watch.
Overall, the concert was fabulous. I hope she tours again soon, preferably by herself. Sadly, her pregnancy will probably make this unlikely.
Dress Code: Come as you are, Shirt and Shoes required.
Address: 6295 Kellogg Avenue , Cincinnati Ohio 4528
Directions: Down Town River Front Location
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (13)
- See All Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
- See All The 1866 Cincinnati Suspension Bridge
- See All The Transsit System People Almost Forgot
kahunayummy's Related Pages
Cincinnati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seven Hills of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati, Ohio: The Queen City"
- "A Taste Of Cincinnati"
- "Cincinnati Ohio."
- "Low place like home, Cincinnati, Ohio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cincinnati
- Hotels in Cincinnati
- Transportation in Cincinnati
- Nightlife in Cincinnati
- Restaurants in Cincinnati
- Shopping in Cincinnati
- Warnings and Dangers in Cincinnati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cincinnati
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cincinnati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cincinnati
Photos in CincinnatiSee All Photos (18)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Philippines Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Manila Intro, 3 photos
- Corregidor Island Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
- Fountain Square- 9 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Eden Park- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Roebling Suspension Bridge- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Purple People Bridge- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Newport Aquarium- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Cincinnati Museum Center and Union Terminal- 11 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Mount Adams- 4 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Carew Tower- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Museum of Natural History and Science- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
See All Cincinnati Things to Do