"Heart of the Blue Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba by cybergenic
Katoomba Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 327 photos
Katoomba is the heart of the Blue Mountains. As busy as it is with tourists coming and going it still assumes a quaint charm and character.
Katoomba is a great place to visit if you are looking for a day trip or a starting point for bigger mountain adventures
Although frequented daily by day trippers the Blue Mountains is big enough to spend weeks exploring it's rainforests, cliffs, waterfalls and caves
The greater Blue Mountains area is actually larger than Ireland. Demographically referred to as the Northern Rivers, it made up of three main areas and has a cumulative population of approximately 100,000.
Over a million hectares of mountains, gorges and wild forests make the Blue Mountains a dramatic landscape to explore.
- Pros:Close to Sydney, great facilities for all ages
- Cons:Some very touristic landmarks
- In a nutshell:Blue Mountains day trippers go here!
Good service, warm country atmosphere, friendly staff. Poached eggs and crispy bacon on sour dough with a hot coffee to... more travel advice
Scenic World is essentially a tourist trap. The weekends see thousands of tourists bus in and bus out. Ticket queues... more travel advice
cybergenic's Related Pages
Katoomba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KATOOMBA.. NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- "A STAY IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS"
- "Katoomba - key to the Blue Mountains"
- "Heart of the Blue Mountains"
- "The Blue Mountains & Katoomba"
- "Katoomba: The Capital of the Blue Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Katoomba
- Hotels in Katoomba
- Transportation in Katoomba
- Nightlife in Katoomba
- Restaurants in Katoomba
- Shopping in Katoomba
- Warnings and Dangers in Katoomba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katoomba
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Katoomba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katoomba
Photos in KatoombaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- North Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Mosman Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos