"Piura" Piura by cybergenic
Piura Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 15 photos
Piura is one of Peru's oldest colonial towns. It is quite hot there and very dry. The town square is pleasant and many of the people that live in Piura have lived there all of their lives. The locals are friendly and were happy to speak with Australians. Not many spoke English but were polite enough to try and understand my poor Spanish. In Piura central there are banks, bars, cafes and bars. They also had a few markets where you could buy anything from fashion clothing to fresh fruit and veg. It seemed quite safe in this place even at night.
We did not see many other tourists while we were there which was unusual so far for us.
We mainly went to Piura to recharge after being in the mountains of Ecuador. It was a good place to clean up and sleep in a clean comfortable bed for a bit.
We ventured up to Yacila to go Marlin fishing but ended up hand line fishing in a locals row boat. And we also ventured up to the Tumbes Pyramids which turned out to be nothing more than a field of rubble.
I like this town for no reason in particular.
- Pros:Real Peruvians not interested in tourism
- Cons:Not a lot to do
- In a nutshell:A good place to meet real Peruvians
cybergenic's Related Pages
Piura Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Piura
- Hotels in Piura
- Transportation in Piura
- Restaurants in Piura
- Warnings and Dangers in Piura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piura
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Piura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piura
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- North Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Mosman Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos