"A very inspiring place" Parque Nacional del Iguazù by cybergenic
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide: 399 reviews and 1,166 photos
Not only do you have the super impressive falls. There is also an abundence of wildlife to check out. Many species of butterflies and loads of monkeys in the trees above the trails. Keep an eye out in the water for Caiman swimming around in the muddy water looking for a flamingo to feast on.
Situated in the northeast of Argentina, Puerto Iguazú City is 300 km away from the Capital City of the Province - Posadas City - and is the city that borders on Brazil and Paraguay through the concourse of Paraná and Iguazú Rivers.
Being a touristic place, it provides with the greatest spectacle of water and forest ever existing on Earth - the imposing Iguazú Falls - in guaraní language "Big waters".
This region has a humid subtropical climate without dry season , with temperatures ranging from 20º C to 33º C in Summer while Winter is mild and nice. It is important to mention that due to the high degree of humidity the rain diminishes thermic amplitude and causes clouds increase.
Topographicaly speaking, Puerto Iguazú is located in a plateau with red rocky land due to the melaphyre decomposition rich in iron and having cliffs covered by humus favouring the growth of an exuberant forest.
- Pros:The Park is quite big and the walkways allow you to get amongst the falls from every perspective
- Cons:Food and drinks are expensive so take your own.
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful falls i have seen. I went 3 times
The National Park has special full moon night tours of the falls. The reflection off the moon is meant to be amazing.... more travel advice
Get a map when you enter the Iguazu National Park (ARG) The first day we went straight to the monkey trail. Follow this... more travel advice
cybergenic's Related Pages
Parque Nacional del Iguazù Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iguazu Falls - The World's Most Spectacular!"
- "Falling Water . . ."
- "An amazing experience at Iguazu Falls"
- "The End of the Rainbow"
- "Finally to the Falls"
- "Devil's Throat - Garganta del Diablo"
- "Yguazù : Agua grande !!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Hotels in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Transportation in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Shopping in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Parque Nacional del Iguazù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional del Iguazù
Photos in Parque Nacional del IguazùSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 35 reviews, 40 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Mosman Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos