Hyderabad Nightlife Tips by oceanx5
Hyderabad Nightlife: 13 reviews and 5 photos
Saturday Nite Fever!!
Where Else is the bar where we found out dancing is not permissible in Hyderabad unless the establishment has some kind of license (only given to high-end hotels at the time). A group of us went up to the dance floor to do some break-dancing (kidding) when the bartender blew a whistle and told us it's forbidden. However, this didn't keep some of the gents near by us to bust the move around their table.
Dress Code: Not sure what the policy is...have been there only twice and at both times we were all fully clothed...
Directions: Not too far from Taj Krishna...but in an area I'd never expect a bar/club.
Uhh... I must be in Mumbai...
Apparently the law forbade the existence of a 'true' nightclub in Hyderabad for many years until 2002 and thus the opening of T2 at the Taj Krishna. Not sure if T2 is still open but T2 is basically composed of a upper section with a long bar and a lower section with a fairly large dance floor. The sound system, light works, decor, etc... are pretty much what you'd expect in a large metropolitan city night club. The music is techno/dance/electronica - western and Indian style. The place is pretty cool but at the time I was in Hyderabad, it was the only niteclub inside the city limits... Unless you were willing to drive way out to the boondocks to get to Treasure Island which has a stupid couples only policy for the main dance section (unless you were a foreigner and got treated differently than some of the locals thus making you feel guilty for being able to get inside).
Dress Code: I got in with jeans but don't think they'll allow sneakers. Then again, I lived at the Taj Krishna the entire time I was in Hyderabad and thus might have been able to get in with shorts or pajamas...just kidding.
Address: Taj Krishna Hotel
oceanx5's Related Pages
Hyderabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hyderabad Hazir Hai!presenting the city of Hyd"
- "I LOVE HYDERABAD"
- "Hyderabad: Of Pearls & Biryani"
- "Hyderabad - MY Home Town"
- "Hyderabad: A City rich In History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hyderabad
- Hotels in Hyderabad
- Transportation in Hyderabad
- Nightlife in Hyderabad
- Restaurants in Hyderabad
- Shopping in Hyderabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Hyderabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hyderabad
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Hyderabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hyderabad
Top 5 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Hyderabad Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Aruba Intro, 3 photos
- Caracas Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Parks and Gardens- 14 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Mosque Charminar- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Ramoji Film City- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Husain Sagar Lake- 17 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Golconda Fort- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Museums- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Birla Mandir Temple- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Vikarabad- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Chow mahalla Palace- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Mecca Masjid- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Hyderabad Things to Do