"Florence" Top 5 Page for this destination Florence by Maria250
Florence Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 513 photos
Florence is a true treasure of Oregon. After days of permanent rain, a fantastic bright sun, its intense warmth, made ppl finally smile, behaving kind and gentle, less reserved. In fact locals there are very nice, and almost welcoming like Southerners. There I experienced the most beautiful day during my stay at the pacific north west. Florence is a flowery, romantic village at the Siuslaw River, and surrounded by a very charming landscape. If one makes it there for a day trip only, it's indeed diffcult to leave this fairy tale like town again.
A house that lacks, seemingly, landlord and lady, with doors that none but the wind ever closes, it stands in a garden of old-fashioned roses.
I pass by that way in the gloaming with Mary:
"I wonder", I say, "who the the owner of those is."
"Oh, no one you know", she answers me airy,
But one we must ask if we want any roses."
And turn and go up to the open door boldly,
And knock to the echos as beggars for roses.
"Pray, are you within there, landlady who were you?"
'Tis Mary that speaks and our errand discloses.
"Pray, are you within there? Bestir you, bestir you!
'Tis summer again, there's two come for roses.
"A word with you, that of the singer recalling -
Old Herrick: a saying that every maid knows is
A flower unplucked is but left to the falling,
And nothing is gained by not gathering roses."
- Pros:Flowery, friendly. Warm and welcoming like a hug.
- Cons:Can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:A spot so beautiful, that it's hard to leave there.
Whether it is an evening at the theater, or a conference for 400, an elegant wedding, a weekend of Chowder, Blues and... more travel advice
When a friend calls me from the road And slows his horse to a meaning walk I don't stand still and look around On all... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bond in the family"
- "FLORENCE - SEA LIONS, DUNES AND COVERED BRIDGES"
- "Ken's Afternoon in Florence"
- "City in the Sand Dunes"
- "Birchy's Second Home Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 20 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos