"Eugene, kicking the rain" Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene by Maria250
Eugene Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 272 photos
Eugene calls itselfs "World’s Greatest City of Arts & Outdoors". Well, I personally can't confirm that impression since a short stay is not enough time spent, to learn about Eugene's arts & outdoors, culture, sports, education or recreation. Also it needs definitively a period of time with less rain. Yet Eugene's unique, scenic beauty does catch the visitors eye. The Willamette and McKenzie rivers are magnets for water sports and recreation, and more than 100 parks and 2,600 acres of open space offer the perfect settings for any outdoor activity one can imagine. Also Eugene offers festivals, performances and shows year-round. The Hult Center for Performing Arts, anchors the arts' scene with two world-class theaters. Downtown is a great place to shop, dine and people watch with blocks of art galleries, restaurants and boutique shops.
Speaking of down town no where else during my different stays in the states, I saw that many of heavy pierced punk and hippie folks which seem to shuffle all over down town. Some awkward scene since it reminded me on pictures/news about punks and hippies ages back when I was a child.
Eugene has many, many paths and designated routes for foot and cycling traffic only. Eugene is one of the top 21 cities in the American nation for cycling, according to Bicycling Magazine. It rated more than 250 cities based on population and cycling-friendly statistics. During my short stay I haven't seen any pedestrians or cycling folks whatsoever. Maybe that was due to the permanent rain.
With the University of Oregon and Lane Community College, Eugene is also a center for higher learning. The University of Oregon is located at the southern end of Oregon's Willamette Valley. Eugene is served by a Amtrak rail service, and major bus lines. The University of Oregon is easily accessible from Interstate 5, the main north-south freeway along the Pacific Coast.
- Pros:Fantastic BBQ place. Immense number of restaurants.
- Cons:Spot lacks southern kindness and gentle smiles.
- In a nutshell:There one can learn how to bear with permanent rain.
A 139-mile drive along two-lane paved highways through Willamette Valley farmlands and Coast Range mountains. From... more travel advice
The Hampton Inn Eugene Hotel is located on Highway 126W (11th Avenue), just minutes from the airport and adjacent to the... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Eugene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EUGENE, OREGON USA"
- "Track town USA"
- "Home, Sweet Home in the Pacific Northwest"
- "Eugene, OR"
- "Eugene, kicking the rain"
- "Eugene - a place to take it easy"
- "Eugene, Oregon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eugene
- Hotels in Eugene
- Transportation in Eugene
- Nightlife in Eugene
- Restaurants in Eugene
- Shopping in Eugene
- Warnings and Dangers in Eugene
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Eugene
- 14 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Eugene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eugene
Photos in EugeneSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Eugene hotel reviews
- Hampton Inn Eugene
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Valley River Inn
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Value Inn Eugene
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Best Western New Oregon Motel
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Eugene
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Courtesy Inn
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2013
- Campus Inn And Suites
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Hilton Eugene And Conference Center
- 339 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Secret Garden Bed and Breakfast Inn, Ltd
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 4, 2013
- Broadway Inn
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Oval Door Bed and Breakfast
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Eugene Whiteaker Hostel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013