"Town of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in 1153" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern by Maria250

Kaiserslautern Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 234 photos

Scent and colors of each day's dawn are very dear to me. A sky with color of lemon, mango, peach, a quartz-clear dawn inch by bright inch, that gilds all over, can't be beaten. Then the sun rises, out of the blue drench, and with this sun's first gold appearing in the sky, it's a new day. Any thing better than that? The most breath taking sunrises I experienced, have happened in Tennessee and North Carolina. Since I do favor sunrises over sunsets, I haven't much recognize any sunsets until...

...I drove on A6 into the glow of K-town's twilight. Great nature has another thing to do, a shaking that keeps me steady. I should know what falls away is always. And is near. So I take the road and learn by going where to go.

Kaiserslautern at the intersection is of important traffic routes. The town's center is lovely with many coffeeshops and very nice and vived pedestrians' streets. In the town's center also lies the Early-Gothic Stiftskirche (13th century). This three towered church has a memorial for the German theologian and Reformation leader Martin Luther (1483), and the French born Swiss religious reformer John Calvin (1509), commemorating the union of the two Protestant denominations (1818).

• Pros:Nice folks there. Nice town, and surrounding area.
  • Cons:Can't think of any.
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful buildings, mostly beautiful weather to enjoy.
  • Intro Updated Aug 27, 2011

• Feb 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM

I never been in Kaiserslautern but it a famous place because they have a great football team! in Budeslinga!! I remember when i was young and lived in Germany!

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I fdollow Clint Dempsey(its my last name also;-)

• Dec 11, 2006 at 9:58 PM

I spent much time at the Spinnraedl many years ago. If a person has the time they should not miss visiting this historic place.

Maria250

“Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreamin'-A Cowboy's Guide To Life”

Badges & Stats in Kaiserslautern

Have you been to Kaiserslautern?