"Town of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in 1153" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaiserslautern by Maria250
Kaiserslautern Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 234 photos
Scent and colors of each day's dawn are very dear to me. A sky with color of lemon, mango, peach, a quartz-clear dawn inch by bright inch, that gilds all over, can't be beaten. Then the sun rises, out of the blue drench, and with this sun's first gold appearing in the sky, it's a new day. Any thing better than that? The most breath taking sunrises I experienced, have happened in Tennessee and North Carolina. Since I do favor sunrises over sunsets, I haven't much recognize any sunsets until...
...I drove on A6 into the glow of K-town's twilight. Great nature has another thing to do, a shaking that keeps me steady. I should know what falls away is always. And is near. So I take the road and learn by going where to go.
Kaiserslautern at the intersection is of important traffic routes. The town's center is lovely with many coffeeshops and very nice and vived pedestrians' streets. In the town's center also lies the Early-Gothic Stiftskirche (13th century). This three towered church has a memorial for the German theologian and Reformation leader Martin Luther (1483), and the French born Swiss religious reformer John Calvin (1509), commemorating the union of the two Protestant denominations (1818).
- Pros:Nice folks there. Nice town, and surrounding area.
- Cons:Can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful buildings, mostly beautiful weather to enjoy.
Quoting from http://www.cnn.com/worldcup Saturday, June 17, 2006 KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany -- Three men were sent off... more travel advice
That's what the German magazine "Spiegel" wrote about Restaurant Spinnraedl: Most of the ancient walls of Kaiserslautern... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Kaiserslautern Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Opera in K-Town"
- "Town of Emperor Frederick Barbarossa in 1153"
- "Pemby in K-Town"
- "Kaiserslautern, Germany"
- "The place it all started"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaiserslautern
- Hotels in Kaiserslautern
- Transportation in Kaiserslautern
- Nightlife in Kaiserslautern
- Restaurants in Kaiserslautern
- Shopping in Kaiserslautern
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaiserslautern
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaiserslautern
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kaiserslautern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaiserslautern
Photos in KaiserslauternSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos