"Cologne, traffic jam, traffic jam" Cologne by Maria250
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,647 reviews and 4,297 photos
As Sabsi (from Duesseldorf) stated I'm one of the probably very few visitors that visited Cologne without seeing the city's famous cathedral. And not just that but haven't seen any so called attractions except for a bunch of nice VT'ers that kinda share a bond due to the wonderful experiences of traveling. Speaking of travels, my supposedly 2-3 hrs drive to Cologne turned out a 5 hrs travel. Though what I did was less of traveling but stucking on A3. While I was stucking mile after mile and hour after hour, I yet was happy to be going to attend my very first VT meeting (not at all in time). Now while I was stucking in that traffic jam (all the drivers have gotten from slow down to crawl to eventually being stuck), I remembered I did stuck there months earlier on a travel to Trier & area. Also the endless constructions are forcing the drivers to take the very long Wuppertal-Solingen-Leverkusen-detour. I was waiting to see what caused the again-jam, and why the heck A3-constructions have not improved one little bit like in years. Observing the poor folks in front of me and those countless behind me in rear view mirror, I knew if I ever make it to Cologne this certain day, and doing after all a Cologne page it wouldn't be about the Dom & stuff but providing informations regarding this continuous mess of traffic jam, and finding links where there's an up-to-the-minute info and latest traffic data. Boy, does it suck to drive around, in and out of Cologne! Yet VT meeting was worth the mess.
Here we present a combination of real time traffic data analysis and microscopic traffic simulations as the basis of an online-tool that provides full information of the traffic state on the complete autobahn network. Using a java applet the results are made topical minute by minute in the internet.
Link below provides free access to traffic camera views from over 35 US cites as well as some from Canada and Europe. Posted by Dan Godwin
Auf der A2 Hannover Richtung Dortmund ist die Ausfahrt Kamener Kreuz zur A1 in Richtung Bremen wegen Bauarbeiten voraussichtlich bis Ende Juni 2008 gesperrt. Eine Umleitung ist eingerichtet.
- Pros:Guess, Clogne is a fun place for those that like over crowded locations.
- Cons:In and around Cologne, traffic conditions are a big mess. If you ever find a parking spot, chances are you won't find your vehicle again.
- In a nutshell:Wouldn't have miss to meet VT folks.
One better travel into Cologne city by train, airplane, helicopter, parachute or anything but car. But if one like to... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- "Cologne under Construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
- updated a Cologne Travel Page "Cologne, traffic jam, traffic jam"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Page/PC crashes every other..."
- Commented on one of yumyum's Cologne travel pages
- Wrote a Review Inconvenient traffic conditions in Cologne Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Inconvenient traffic conditions"
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos