"Cologne, traffic jam, traffic jam" Cologne by Maria250

Cologne Travel Guide: 1,609 reviews and 4,009 photos

As Sabsi (from Duesseldorf) stated I'm one of the probably very few visitors that visited Cologne without seeing the city's famous cathedral. And not just that but haven't seen any so called attractions except for a bunch of nice VT'ers that kinda share a bond due to the wonderful experiences of traveling. Speaking of travels, my supposedly 2-3 hrs drive to Cologne turned out a 5 hrs travel. Though what I did was less of traveling but stucking on A3. While I was stucking mile after mile and hour after hour, I yet was happy to be going to attend my very first VT meeting (not at all in time). Now while I was stucking in that traffic jam (all the drivers have gotten from slow down to crawl to eventually being stuck), I remembered I did stuck there months earlier on a travel to Trier & area. Also the endless constructions are forcing the drivers to take the very long Wuppertal-Solingen-Leverkusen-detour. I was waiting to see what caused the again-jam, and why the heck A3-constructions have not improved one little bit like in years. Observing the poor folks in front of me and those countless behind me in rear view mirror, I knew if I ever make it to Cologne this certain day, and doing after all a Cologne page it wouldn't be about the Dom & stuff but providing informations regarding this continuous mess of traffic jam, and finding links where there's an up-to-the-minute info and latest traffic data. Boy, does it suck to drive around, in and out of Cologne! Yet VT meeting was worth the mess.

Here we present a combination of real time traffic data analysis and microscopic traffic simulations as the basis of an online-tool that provides full information of the traffic state on the complete autobahn network. Using a java applet the results are made topical minute by minute in the internet.

www.autobahn.nrw.de
www.springerlink.com/content/l4151u0w6u747h4j/
www.TrafficLand.com website

Link below provides free access to traffic camera views from over 35 US cites as well as some from Canada and Europe. Posted by Dan Godwin

www.blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/01/new_tool_to_hel.html

Auf der A2 Hannover Richtung Dortmund ist die Ausfahrt Kamener Kreuz zur A1 in Richtung Bremen wegen Bauarbeiten voraussichtlich bis Ende Juni 2008 gesperrt. Eine Umleitung ist eingerichtet.

www.wdr.de/themen/verkehr/verkehrslage/index.jhtml

• Pros:Guess, Clogne is a fun place for those that like over crowded locations.
  • Cons:In and around Cologne, traffic conditions are a big mess. If you ever find a parking spot, chances are you won't find your vehicle again.
  • In a nutshell:Wouldn't have miss to meet VT folks.
  • Intro Updated Aug 26, 2011

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 6:05 AM

Here's another stop on their cruise :D

• May 29, 2008 at 11:21 PM

One of the famous German cities!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 4:21 AM

Funny opening page! :) I enjoyed meeting you, and I hope you are able to return someday to see the magnificent Cathedral. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Oh, there is only my nose :) Anway, had a great time and by this page I see that you got home alright!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Fabulous start about Cologne here and it looks like you saw the dom; at least from a distance.

Maria250

“Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreamin'-A Cowboy's Guide To Life”

Badges & Stats in Cologne

Have you been to Cologne?