"Known for its neighbouring Falkenstein" Königstein im Taunus by Maria250
Königstein im Taunus Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 42 photos
Set on the southern slopes of the Taunus hills, lies Koenigstein. The beautiful location and pleasant climate have attracted several clinics to the town, which has a high reputation as a recuperation and spa resort. Koenigstein and its district Falkenstein are also popular as living areas for many of those who work in Frankfurt/Wiesbaden or the surrounding Rhein-Main region. Legend says that the Frankonian King Chlodwig (466—511) founded the fortress on the present castle heights together with a chapel in the valley below.
The Falkenstein ruins stand marvelous and mystic, romantic and high above the town, it is the highest area of Koenigstein. Koenigstein is an officially recognized health resort famous for its hills, trees, climate, and spas.
After falling, the small town of Koenigstein was given new life in the 19th Century by Doctor Pingler, who founded a spa in 1851. Many spa visitors and summer vacationers were attracted, and a number of new buildings rose. The spa business reached its pinnacle before WWI.
- Pros:Enormous fresh air. Fairy tales come to mind. Koenigstein locals are very friendly.
- Cons:Can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:Taunus hills are the most beautiful part of Hesse.
Back when I was a child, dad took me & gfs often to the Opel Zoo, such sponsorships didn't exist back then.. Yet I do... more travel advice
Within Opel Zoo, there are two special sections. The first section contains a petting zoo where children can feed and... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Königstein im Taunus Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Königstein im Taunus
- Restaurants in Königstein im Taunus
- Shopping in Königstein im Taunus
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Königstein im Taunus
- 11 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Königstein im Taunus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Königstein im Taunus
Photos in Königstein im TaunusSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos