"The spell of Aviation and Aircraft up close" Top 5 Page for this destination Sinsheim by Maria250
Sinsheim Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 184 photos
A mere five years after the end of horrendous WWII came the advent of the Wild Fifties. Lucky was the person who could call a reasonably functional bicycle its own after the war. Funds were not sufficient to buy and maintain a car until small cars gradually began to appear. The permanent exhibition 50 Years of Goggomobil & Co. shows more than a dozen of these vehicles and provides a view into Goggo & Co, and the post war period of Germany.
More than 60 airplanes and helicopters of all periods, both from the military and the civilian sector, are awaiting the visiters in the open-air grounds and in the museum halls. 300 vintage cars, Mercedes and Maybach collection, "American Dream Cars" collection from the 1950s, 40 race and sports cars, Formula-1 collection, "Blue flame" - American rocket-propelled ground vehicle once holding the world speed record, 200 motorcycles, 27 locomotives, 50 airplanes, including fighters from both world wars and the early jet era, passenger air planes and the Buran shuttle, 150 tractors, steam engines and trucks, steam organs, several early jet fighters and other aircraft, panzers, artillery and other militaria. wikipedia
- In a nutshell:The Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim is located 1 hour south of Frankfurt Airport.
At all times technological innovations have not only been used in the civilian sector but for military purposes as well.... more travel advice
Family orientated features are important to us. In our open air grounds we are offering playgrounds for children and in... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Sinsheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FANTASTIC MUSEUM AT SINSHEIM!"
- "The spell of Aviation and Aircraft up close"
- "SINSHEIM - Baden-Wuerttemberg"
- "Most beautiful Transport Museum I've seen!"
- "Auto Technik Museum Sinsheim"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sinsheim
- Hotels in Sinsheim
- Transportation in Sinsheim
- Restaurants in Sinsheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Sinsheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sinsheim
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Sinsheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sinsheim
Photos in SinsheimSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos