"Schieder-Schwalenberg" Schieder-Schwalenberg by Maria250
Schieder-Schwalenberg Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 42 photos
The small and historic town of Schieder-Schwalenberg lies in the amazing green of the Lippe district what's the eastern area of Germany's state of North Rhine Westphalia. Unlike many other areas of the Holy Roman Empire the Lippe district kept its independence in the Napoleonic times, and thus wasn't incorporated into Prussia afterwards. It was one of the smaller member states of the German empire. The last prince of Lippe had to resign in 1918 after the end of WWI when Germany became republic, his country became a Freistaat in the German republic. 1947 Lippe lost its status as a state of Germany and by order of the British military government was incorporated into the new federal state North Rhine-Westphalia. The Lippe district covers also the northern part of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Pros:An unforgettable and peaceful piece of earth.
- Cons:Locals seem to be not open towards visitors.
- In a nutshell:Place provids also with neat camp ground.
Schieder-Schwalenberg's Folklore Festival's costume group is known as the "Trachtengilde Schwalenberg / Lippe e.V."... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Schieder-Schwalenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castles: The hotels of the...future?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- Hotels in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- Nightlife in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- Restaurants in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Schieder-Schwalenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schieder-Schwalenberg
Photos in Schieder-SchwalenbergSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos