Bernkastel-Kues Things to Do Tips by Maria250 Top 5 Page for this destination
Bernkastel-Kues Things to Do: 47 reviews and 104 photos
The church was built in the 14th century its peaked cupola was added only in the 15th century. The eight small side towers make the St. Michael church a local landmark. From the parking area near to the church, guided tours are offered as well as boating trips down the Mosel River with or without wine tasting and/or dinner. Since it's very difficult to find any parking spots in the inner city it makes sense to accept the one big parking area with its cost.
Down the Mosel River by boat
The Mosel is a meandering river in a steep valley often as dramatic as the Middle Rhine. Cruises frequently depart or terminate in Trier, Germany’s oldest city with huge Roman monuments, just across the border from Luxemburg and France. Popular stops along the Mosel River include half-timbered wine-trading villages, Cochem with a medieval-look knights’ castle, and Burg Eltz, an authentic medieval. Also there are options for getting on a boat trip at the Mosel bank right in front of Bernkastel-Kues' Alten Moselbahnhof at the parking area. Pls check out "Viking-River-Cruises". Also you might take a look at wb page, link below, there are great & general informations provided about "Routings of Rhine River" etc.
Directions: Bernkastel-Kues Tourist Office
If you enjoy delicious wine and food, friendly people and beautiful landscapes, the German Wine Academy could be just the ticket for you. Since 1974, thousands of wine lovers have joined us for our six-day guided tours through German wine country. Simply book a flight to Frankfurt am Main, from where you are poised to join us for a delightful journey of discovery.
If you enjoy all the festivities surrounding a parade like music, singing, dancing and feasting on regional specialties, then a visit at a German wine festival should be at the top of your list. As visitors from around the world make their way through the cobblestone streets of wine villages, locals invite them to partake in the tradition and celebration of wine and winemaking.
Castle Of Landshut
A must see is the ruin of the Castle Of Landshut. The ruin of the Castle Of Landshut is towering the city of Bernkastel. The castle was built in 1277. Due to an accidental fire the castle burnt down on January 8, 1692. It is a popular viewpoint and gives a beautiful view over the city and the vineyards of the Mosel valley.
Directions: Castle Of Landshut
Bernkastel-Kues has an amazing appeal of being built in pure renaissance or/and art nouveau architectural style. Bernkastel-Kues is perhaps the postcard-perfect Mosel town, complete with castle ruins, half-timber houses, medieval marketplace and architectural styles spanning nearly two millennia. There's no pretense. We don't think of ourselves as a tourist attraction, said one local vintner.. We just do what we do, in some ways no differently today than 200 years ago. People don't sightsee here, they visit. Most of what locals are doing relates to winemaking, and vineyards indeed stretch as far as the eye can see - or at least until the next curve in the river.
The Bear Fountain can be found at Bernkastel-Kues' market square. One of the town's official web pages explains: This fountain, erected on the site of the former bear well, shows a bronze sculpture of two bears in a typical posture. It was sculpted by Hans Scherl. The bear is the eskutcheon figure of Bernkastel. You might like to take a look at the page, link provided below, as there are many interesting informations, sights, locations, and directions to it.
The Fountain is at the market-square's center in front of the town hall. The Fountain was built in 1606 by Hoffman the Elder. Many folks gather and stop there, and take a break while sitting at the fountain's rim.
The Doctor Fountain
This fountain can be seen on the well appointed square in front of the former cellarage of the Imperial Elector of Trier. A wrought iron structure intertwined by vines and grapes shows in high relief the famous history of the Bernkasteler Doctor wine.
More Reviews (5)
Maria250's Related Pages
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great castle & bears for breakfast"
- "Amazing half-timbered houses"
- "Welcome in Bernkastel Kues - Mosel valley"
- "Heart of the central Mosel"
- "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!"
- "A Surprise trip to the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer wine area"
- "Bernkastel-Kues: German Fairy-Tale Romantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernkastel-Kues
- Hotels in Bernkastel-Kues
- Transportation in Bernkastel-Kues
- Nightlife in Bernkastel-Kues
- Restaurants in Bernkastel-Kues
- Shopping in Bernkastel-Kues
- Warnings and Dangers in Bernkastel-Kues
- See All...
Explore the World
- North Conway Hotels
- Embourg Hotels
- Ahmetbeyli Hotels
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues
- 13 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernkastel-Kues
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dizzy...dizzy"
- updated a Bernkastel-Kues Travel Page "Heart of the central Mosel"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Page/PC crashes every other..."
- Commented on one of Jerelis's Bernkastel-Kues travel pages
- Wrote a Review Road trip along Mosel River in Bernkastel-Kues Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Bernkastel-KuesSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Bernkastel-Kues hotel reviews
- Hotel Gastehaus E. Prum
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2013
- Hotel - Restaurant 'Doctor Weinstube'
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 23, 2012
- Hotel Moselpark Eventresort
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Flair Hotel Zum Kurfuersten
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Hotel Baeren
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2012
- Burg Landshut Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2012